Notorious R.B.G. dead at 87 - Replace her before January 17th, 2021?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Strength aside had nothing to do with marches.
How many marathons have you run?
Just a question.
The Marine could throw me on her shoulders and carry me where ever she wanted to, and did until I said I was impressed or satisfied.
Upper body strength, no doubt I was stronger. I wasn't the shell I am now.
Fact is, I understand a woman is not what a man is, fact is I understand in a firefight she would have outshot you, fact is she could have carried anyone on her back, fact is she may have been more scared, wit her training than any male Marine. Doubtful in my mind this Marine would have been the least.
That said, I don't want women fighting for us, that said, i think she would have done a better job than a computer geek such as you.
Good morning Sir I'm not sure where the other guy went, but I'll give you my personal opinion of women in the USMC:

a) They're terrifying

MisplacedRailWorker

But all jokes aside. In my time is military policeman, I have to say I did take pride in the fact I might have been able to contribute a little bit more to the overall emotional, sexual, and physical safety and well-being provided for all Marines male or female. The laws in UCMJ and SHARP/SAPR are heavily enforced and rightfully so. Mothers and fathers sign a paper if their daughter is 17 and wants to enlist… A permission slip, and when they sign I want them to feel confident that they didn't make the wrong decision and that they can trust us with their daughter to mold her into the person she never believes she could become.

I would want my own daughter (one day) to be in this Marine Corps and not have to worry about her, at least amongst her fellow servicemembers.

MisplacedRailWorker

@542thruNthru Weren't you USMC? or does anyone on here know a user, or even Army I want to have an infantryman give their input if possible.

@floridays @wilberforce15

Here's my personal opinion, in regards to females serving in combat in the Marine Corps:

I don't have one. I didn't see combat. You would need to ask someone who has, they can tell you. Only infantrymen should be able to make that call or give input IMO, as to whether or not female Marines are effective in the infantry 0311.

Or you could ask a female infantrymen that you would swear dude looked like a lady ;)
tumblr_3b36807e52bd8dabcb4b65eb735757fa_477f6a2f_250.gif

oldngray

nowhere special
@542thruNthru Weren't you USMC? or does anyone on here know a user, or even Army I want to have an infantryman give their input if possible.

Here's my personal opinion, in regards to females serving in combat in the Marine Corps:

I don't have one. I didn't see combat. You would need to ask someone who has, they can tell you. Only infantrymen should be able to make that call or give input IMO, as to whether or not female Marines are effective in the infantry 0311.

Or you could ask a female infantrymen that you would swear dude looked like a lady ;)
View attachment 310115
The WM hotness scale is a lot like the one for women at UPS.

floridays

View attachment 310115
Rail, you're sage, good head beyond the woman part, you're lie me, open your billfold. I wasn't speaking of combat, I haven't seen it either. I knew it was no place for a woman if a country cares about it's women.
I have a mom, a sister, ex-wife, nieces, no sir. I can't go for that.

floridays

I've never served, I'm afraid.
Grandfather was a MP in Korea, but that's as close as my connection to the military gets.

As I understand it, he was part of MacArthur's honor guard. :)
My largest regret.
I wanted to fly helicopters, we were at Ft. Rucker Alabama, early in the 60's, my dad didn't want me to do it. I kept playing baseball and was never good enough. He wanted me to play baseball, I wanted to play baseball as well.

Don't kick yourself bad, I've read fear can be a great motivator.

MisplacedRailWorker

My largest regret.
I wanted to fly helicopters, we were at Ft. Rucker Alabama, early in the 60's, my dad didn't want me to do it. I kept playing baseball and was never good enough. He wanted me to play baseball, I wanted to play baseball as well.

Don't kick yourself bad, I've read fear can be a great motivator.
Don't regret that. If you had something else that worked out better, good that you steered clear especially in the 60s! I'm assuming you had a long career after the early 60s and retired and probably would've had a similar outcome if you had joined the Army. Well, minus the dying in Vietnam prt. My grandpa pretended to be illiterate and dumb when he went for the draft at Fort Hamilton, New York MEPS...

Military doctors gave him a 4F, not eligible for military service. I mean he really played it all the way, lighting a cigarette in front of no smoking sign (although I don't know why there was a no smoking sign in the 70s) the staff in the military building yelled at him and he said "sorry I don't know how to read"

My grandpa is walking out and they still give him lunch as promised for the day, he's passing two rows of guys waiting, most of all he knew from the old neighborhood, as they laughed at him for having the big red 4F stamped on his folder…….

Not one of them made it home from 'Nam ;)

floridays

Don't regret that. If you had something else that worked out better, good that you steered clear especially in the 60s! I'm assuming you had a long career after the early 60s and retired and probably would've had a similar outcome if you had joined the Army. Well, minus the dying in Vietnam prt. My grandpa pretended to be illiterate and dumb when he went for the draft at Fort Hamilton, New York MEPS...

Military doctors gave him a 4F, not eligible for military service. I mean he really played it all the way, lighting a cigarette in front of no smoking sign (although I don't know why there was a no smoking sign in the 70s) the staff in the military building yelled at him and he said "sorry I don't know how to read"

My grandpa is walking out and they still give him lunch as promised for the day, he's passing two rows of guys waiting, most of all he knew from the old neighborhood, as they laughed at him for having the big red 4F stamped on his folder…….

Not one of them made it home from 'Nam ;)
Good and bad.
I'm glad you had your grandpa. I hope he's still around, you're still a kid.