Official Canada Thread with Current News

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Then show me a Canadian news report ! Not the Weasel Zipper one !
C'mon.... I'm waiting.

moreluck;896454 [URL="http://www.macdonaldlaurier.ca/much-good-news-and-some-worrying-results-in-new-study-of-muslim-public-opinion-in-canada/" said:
Much good news and some worrying results in new study of Muslim public opinion in Canada � Macdonald Laurier Institute[/URL]

Hey Klein...looks like More found what you asked for. :wink2:

klein

Für Meno :)
Yeah, you really need to wonder how UPS or any other company can make it multi-international.
Ups delivering in countries such as Indonesia or Turkey where over 90% of the population is muslim, you;ld think every day a UPS truck turns into a bomb !

Then show me a Canadian news report ! Not the Weasel Zipper one !
C'mon.... I'm waiting.

Even in your own country, how many Muslims are locked up and in jail compared to whites and blacks ?

Hate to break it to ya, Zipper credited CNEWS with the story. You are familar with CNEWS right?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Ouch!!! Looks like Canada is getting hit hard:

Canada loses 54,000 jobs in October

Canada's unemployment rate rose to 7.3 per cent in October as the country lost a total of 54,000 jobs, Statistics Canada said Friday.The economy shed 71,700 full-time jobs, while part-time employment grew by 17,700.

The October job losses were a surprise, as the consensus forecast of economists had been for employment to rise by 15,000.
Last month's decline in employment also wiped out the bulk of the gain of 61,000 jobs in September.

Canada loses 54,000 jobs in October - Business - CBC News

klein

Yeah, October is always a bad month;
No more gras to cut, and no snow to remove, yet ! :( :funny:

But, the winter housing boom will start soon (igloo building). :)

klein

A comment from the above link you provided, Lucy , and it's soo true , too :

In the early sixties $4000.00 anually was the total take home pay. ONLY ONE MEMBER OF THE FAMILY HAD TO WORK.

Nowadays both husband and wife MUST work just to make ends meet, with credit card, (in the 60's not available), helping with the unknown, unknowns. God help the single parents.

It defies logic, that some have such narrow tunnel vision/minds.

Simply look at the stats then and now.

Sure you can cite examples of extremes with the present campers...how big would these crowds be if the average person could afford to take the time off?

moreluck

golden ticket member
" with credit card, (in the 60's not available), "

My mom had charge cards.....Oneils, Polskys, Montgomery Ward, Sears, ....every store in town.

klein

I'm just wondering how my parents survived on $4000 a year---oh, wait, that is also wrong.

Don't forget those are Canadian dollars, they were worth a lot more than US dollars back then.

I remember the first credit card when I was a kid : (besides the department store ones, you're right)

images