Official Canada Thread with Current News

klein

Für Meno :)
I wonder if these new machines can be adapted to check the quality of your weiners ?

I wished they could, too !
I don't think any other food vendor has fresh and locally produced goods.
I pick up my wieners directly from a local meat plant the same day I need them.
My buns (not regular hot dog buns - but crusty mini sub buns) come from a local german bakery, also same day.
Condiments such as cucumbers, bell peppers, lettuce, tomotoes are also locally grown and fresh and come from a nearby Vegetable Gardening centre/farm.
They are also picked up in the last minute (same day).

Yes, I pay a bit more for my raw materials, but it keeps people coming back to my stand, and blows out my competetion :)

klein

From the Malaysia Star :

The law states the goalkeeper should release the ball after six seconds, but it is hardly ever applied in either men's or women's football.
While that decision appeared to Canada's team to be harsh, Pedersen then awarded the U.S. a penalty resulting from Megan Rapinoe's free kick. The ball struck the elbow of Canadian Marie-Eve Nault with the player turning away.
The referee was not available for comment.
A spokesman for world football's governing body FIFA said: "As is our practice, FIFA will make no comment on this issue and in any case, the referee's decision is always final."
Canada's coach John Herdman initially shied away from the controversy but then added: "She's got to live with that. We will move on from this. I wonder if she will be able to."

"We feel like we got robbed in this game. The referee was very one-sided. I have never known this to happen before in a game, referees never make this kind of decision."
Skipper Christine Sinclair, who scored all three of Canada's goals, added: "When she gave the penalty, she giggled and said nothing, Classy!
"In an important match it's a disappointment the referee had such an impact on it. We feel cheated."

I'm certain that if the ref would have been the 12th player for Canada instead, it would be all over the US media.
Here, life just goes on.

I watched the game live - even the sport commentators couldn't figure out why that free-kick was given !
It remained a mystery until after the game, when the ref explained it briefly.

Then the penalty shot, for what ? Hitting a Canadian player with a shot while her back is towards the ball, and it hits her elbow, unknowingly ???? Freaking joke that was !

images

klein

soccer_girls_reuters_450.jpg

U.S. squad disses Canadian captain, team
Christine Sinclair's outstanding performance is downplayed while a U.S. hero questions our team's fitness. 'Ugly Americans rise again'

moreluck

golden ticket member
soccer_girls_reuters_450.jpg

U.S. squad disses Canadian captain, team

Christine Sinclair's outstanding performance is downplayed while a U.S. hero questions our team's fitness. 'Ugly Americans rise again'

Dissing Americans is going to be an olympic sport and I'm sure Canada will be able to win a gold in that one !!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yeah, right ! Better check those stats again, which industrialized country has the worst education and educated people !

But that only applies to cities where democrats have total control and kiss the teachers unions toes.
In the rest of the country , things are quite respectful.

klein

Canada to deport man after 32 years in country

• photo_1344381493905-1-0.jpg

Canada's crackdown on immigration fraud has unwittingly snared a Portuguese man living in the country for 32 years who said Tuesday he is being deported over an administrative gaffe.

Married to a Canadian woman, Jose Pereira had four children and several grandchildren in Canada and has never committed a crime.

Public broadcaster Radio-Canada said his permanent residency card expired two years ago during a trip abroad and a replacement was not processed because Pereira did not reply to a letter asking for more information.

klein

Republican senator tours the Alberta oilsands

• li-hoeven.jpg
    John Hoeven, a Republican senator from North Dakota, toured two northern Alberta …

A Republican senator from the United States stated his support for the Alberta oilsands after touring two facilities as a guest of the provincial government on Tuesday.
John Hoeven, a senator from North Dakota, was taken to the Cenovus site at Christina Lake and Syncrude's facility at Mildred Lake.

klein

I guess it's time to build a large huge fence to stop Canadians entering the US !

border_450.jpg

Angry U.S. shoppers lobby to keep Canadians out
Border-crossing Canucks at Costco have behaved so badly at stores, residents want an American-only hour. 2,000 people agree

I guess it's time to build a large huge fence to stop Canadians entering the US !

border_450.jpg

Angry U.S. shoppers lobby to keep Canadians out

Border-crossing Canucks at Costco have behaved so badly at stores, residents want an American-only hour. 2,000 people agree

Im shocked to say this but , yes, we should build that fence.