Official Canada Thread with Current News

City of Edmonton

The Edmonton Indy (Official Site) is 5 days away!

Get you engines revved up this Wednesday, July 18 -

Check out the IndyCar® haulers Transporter Convoy starting at 11:15 a.m. downtown Edmonton.

And Octane Motorsports Events Invites You to Meet 4 Indycar Drivers starting at 4:00 p.m. at Edmonton City Hall.

Ok Super Citizen, without Googling tell us which one of those drivers is Canadian. (Hint, it's not the guy on the far left).

klein

Für Meno :)
heat_metro450.jpg

Scorching Canadian summer to get even worse

People in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes need to pay special attention, Enviro Canada says

klein

No surprise here :

cdnrich450.jpg

Inferior no more: Canadians richer than Americans

New data shows our household net worth is higher than that our our neighbour to the south. Lower unemployment

klein

Seattle pair detained for smuggling Canadian contraband – six Kinder Surprise eggs
I posted some pics. I can't recall when Canada started selling these, but when I was a kid and went to Germany in 1973 - this was the chocolate to buy for young children !
The chocolate egg is ediable and inside in contains that plastic oval container, which contains a toy.

Too bad you can't get them in the US !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Seattle pair detained for smuggling Canadian contraband – six Kinder Surprise eggs
I posted some pics. I can't recall when Canada started selling these, but when I was a kid and went to Germany in 1973 - this was the chocolate to buy for young children !
The chocolate egg is ediable and inside in contains that plastic oval container, which contains a toy.

Here,, we like our chocolate without foreign objects in it.

upsgrunt

Do you want to bet on that?

How about a thousand dollars?

klein

Do you want to bet on that?

How about a thousand dollars?
and in fact, U.S. Customs and Border Control claims they confiscated 60,000 Kinder Surprise from travelers' baggage in 2011 alone — more than double the amount of eggs from the previous year !

It's not the first time it has happened, I read about it before many times !
Why bet if you will lose ?

kinderborder450.jpg

Canadians detained at border over Kinder Eggs

Brandon Loo and Christopher Sweeney had no idea the popular candy could cost them a $2,500 fine and hours in detention

upsgrunt

1. You SAID we could NOT get them in the US, not that they are legal. Big difference.

2. Prostitution is legal in parts of the US.

3. Your communication skills suck.

klein

luckyloonie_cp_450.jpg

'Lucky loonie' a good luck charm for Olympians

Royal Canadian Mint issues commemorative coin to wish our athletes well as they head to London. Tradition since 2002