Oil reaching the Gulf Coast

moreluck

golden ticket member
With all the things in the world that are going on, I picture B.O. thinking....."I gave all the jobs to my BFFs and now that I need advisors, all I have is a bunch of lawyers.

He really needed to appoint people with different abilities and he failed! He thought that running the country was going to be like a country club membership or a Gentleman's Club membership.....just show up for meetings and attend state dinners and make a few decisions.

He's WAY over his head.

moreluck

golden ticket member
AND, you don't send Holder down to threaten a "partnership" that the gov't temporarily has with BP. The important thing is that the gov't & BP get this leak stopped. They can sue and blame later.

What kind of help can you expect from BP if the country's head attorney is breathing down their neck?

klein

Für Meno :)
Let's see how you Canadians handle BP. It looks like they are already destroying your environment as well except you are applauding their efforts.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/the-biggest-environmental-crime-in-history-764102.html

This 60 Minute video presentation is 3 years old. And things have changed , since then (the Chinese did buy into it, and the largest pipeline in the world has been layed (Alberta - Midwest USA, Minniapolis and Chicago).

You can also take Oil Sand tours for as little as $199, includes bus transportation from Edmonton to the Oils Sands, tour of Syncrude, and the Oil Discovery Center in Ft MacMurray,
also includes a nights stay in a hotel.

Doing one of these tours, might give you a different opinion. I have been personally to Ft Mac.... but never did the tour. One day, I probably will.

[video=youtube;oYML36YbXo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYML36YbXo8[/video]

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I think the important news of the day is the split of Al and Tipper. Probably why most liberals have been absent today.

I wonder who will get the internet in the split up!:funny:

Obama wants to call James Cameron to take care of the Gulf Spill ?? He says he shot film underwater with Titanic and he thinks out of the box. OMG!

Why doesn't he just call Oprah to sit on it!

Now that's funny!:happy-very:

Charles Payne

In homage to Al Haig, President Obama has already said he is in charge here, now. Last week's press conference was a roll of the dice, hoping "Top Kill" would work, thereby connecting Obama's appearance to a miraculous fix.

That White House luck ran out so it's off to Plan B, which is continued public flogging of BP and then taking them over. If BP admits they broke the pipe as a terrorist attack they would be better treated.

Nobody feels sorry for BP, but no sane person wants to see the White House takeover the company, either.:knockedout:

P

pickup

This 60 Minute video presentation is 3 years old. And things have changed , since then (the Chinese did buy into it, and the largest pipeline in the world has been layed (Alberta - Midwest USA, Minniapolis and Chicago).

You can also take Oil Sand tours for as little as $199, includes bus transportation from Edmonton to the Oils Sands, tour of Syncrude, and the Oil Discovery Center in Ft MacMurray,
also includes a nights stay in a hotel.

Doing one of these tours, might give you a different opinion. I have been personally to Ft Mac.... but never did the tour. One day, I probably will.

[video=youtube;oYML36YbXo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYML36YbXo8[/video]

Well , you managed to avoid addressing any of the environmental concerns. Keep sticking your head into the sand and one day it will emerge covered in oil.

klein

Well , you managed to avoid addressing any of the environmental concerns. Keep sticking your head into the sand and one day it will emerge covered in oil.

I dare you to look up the air quality index in your region.

Directly in the oil sands area... it's anywhere from 6-28, in the sunshine today.

As far as the ground, you should see what they have covered up already, and re-forested. You would never know it has been once disturbed before.
Actually, a nicer greener area, then the old forest in the surroundings.

P

pickup

I dare you to look up the air quality index in your region.

Directly in the oil sands area... it's anywhere from 6-28, in the sunshine today.

As far as the ground, you should see what they have covered up already, and re-forested. You would never know it has been once disturbed before.
Actually, a nicer greener area, then the old forest in the surroundings.

It must be wonderful to be living in God's country.

klein

It must be wonderful to be living in God's country.

Just making a point. The Oil Sands look a lot better now, then offshore drilling !
I rather see them expand that... then go into the artic seas, and risk even a larger disaster then the current BP one.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Last week's press conference was a roll of the dice, hoping "Top Kill" would work, thereby connecting Obama's appearance to a miraculous fix."

Obama's appearance connected with a failure......seems to be the ongoing 'joke'! If he shows up, fail happens!!

wkmac

In a True Free Market, BP Would Be Toast!

Then again, what you think is free market is yet again something else indeed!

And there is some possible good news out there too.

As to Al and Tipper, I don't celebrate any divorce especially in a relationship of that length of time. I don't hold a view against divorce as they are sadly necessary at times but nobody ever wins in one either. Talk to anyone whose been through it and regardless of the situation, they still have scars from it. I've never been there and I'm into my 30th year of marriage so I don't speak from direct experience but I've yet to talk with ANYONE who doesn't have some scars from the whole experience and I'll never wish or celebrate that on anyone no matter what political position they hold.

jmo and flame away if you don't like it!

klein

That $75 million dollar question has been discussed over and over again.
It's so not the case.
There are added punitive damages, and civic damages that very well, will make up for the total clean up cost.

Just look at BP shares. $75 mill, wouldn't even have touched the surface of it's value.

klein

The real problem hasn't even started , yet !
I heard toxic rain is now poissible all over the southern and eastern states !

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im trying to apply for jobs down there and help with this oil disaster. Every website I found said after I completed the app that all "temporary" jobs have been filled. When will they figure out it aint temporary?
I will clean ducks, fish, geese, equipment, anything. I want to do something in my life that makes a difference, I wont work for the government. If anyone knows of any way to apply, clue me in. Im locked and loaded, and ready to go.

klein

Im trying to apply for jobs down there and help with this oil disaster. Every website I found said after I completed the app that all "temporary" jobs have been filled. When will they figure out it aint temporary?
I will clean ducks, fish, geese, equipment, anything. I want to do something in my life that makes a difference, I wont work for the government. If anyone knows of any way to apply, clue me in. Im locked and loaded, and ready to go.

The website was actually posted on CNN the other day.
And yes, I agree... this won't be short term. It will take years ! And many miles of coast.
I would take a job in a minute, too, but since it's on American soil, I don't quailify.

Only website link I can remember is the BP website or something like Horizoncleanup.com
Not sure.
But, you are probably right, that they are not "really" hiring yet !!!! :( YET, that is !!!

Besides all that, why wouldn't you work for the government ?
You wouldn't be proud if one of your kids became a Navy officer, or an Astrounant with Nasa, perhaps just be a Nasa employee ?
Even US postal service ain't that bad.
Would it really matter if every 4 years the political party changes, or would you need to quit, if the party of your choice wasn't elected ?

Last edited:

klein

US Government sends $69 Million Dollar bill to BP

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (AFP) - The US government sent BP a 69-million-dollar bill for the Gulf of Mexico oil spill Thursday, warning it was only the first invoice, as undersea robots poised to try to curb the leak.