Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

True. But a huge blue pickup with lots of extra chrome sticks the hell out.

Teslas are horribly unreliable. Even before Musk owned/triggered the Libs his cars were at the bottom of reliability and build quality. Consumer had Tesla rated below known crap brands like Range Rover and Jaguar.
They're first in reliability.
Consumer Reports is on the take, and called it a reliability problem when things like door panels needed adjustment or stitching needed to be redone.
Consumer reports rigged the test that way for a reason. Tesla is low on build quality. Not reliability.
CR measured one and pretended it was the other.

Still, the real consumer report, meaning actual consumers, rate them the highest among all luxury brands for three years in a row.

wilberforce15

So how is it my fault?
I have zero interest in an electric vehicle.
The fault is yours that you failed to understand plain speech, and pretended that anyone envisioned replacing 300M cars in a short time frame.

Nobody believes that. But you acted as if they do. That's your fault for misreading.
You imagined a stupid opponent, and the mocked a position that doesn't exist.

vantexan

It's pretty silly to clearly imply something, and then demand documentation that it was said.

It's toddler behavior.
But isn't it true, as long as we're here, that Californians are being asked to not charge their EV's due to the threat of brownouts this summer? Until the grid is capable enough electric cars have their downsides too.

The fault is yours that you failed to understand plain speech, and pretended that anyone envisioned replacing 300M cars in a short time frame.

Nobody believes that. But you acted as if they do. That's your fault for misreading.
You imagined a stupid opponent, and the mocked a position that doesn't exist.
You need to find yourself a woman that puts out

You're welcome

Kingofthenorth

Why? Lack of range, time to recharge and cost. All of those problems have been all along. With no real solutions in sight.
My electric car has Over 300 miles 400 if you dim the screen etc and charges in 15 minutes. Range and time Really not far from a gasoline car especially if you could turn off screen instead if dimming it. I am looking into hacks for it

Kingofthenorth

I guess Market watch and Car and Driver made it up too. Just because a battery can technically work after 200,000 means nothing if it has degraded to the point of needing recharged every 50 miles. All the evidence I need of Lithium degradation can be found in my cordless power tools.
What are you talking about? Electric car batteries generally have automatic waranties. My car came with a 10 year warranty which includes the battery degrading. Maybe in a chevy bolt the car will dim. I would also always recommend against tesla.

vantexan

They're first in reliability.
Consumer Reports is on the take, and called it a reliability problem when things like door panels needed adjustment or stitching needed to be redone.
Consumer reports rigged the test that way for a reason. Tesla is low on build quality. Not reliability.
CR measured one and pretended it was the other.

Still, the real consumer report, meaning actual consumers, rate them the highest among all luxury brands for three years in a row.
Don't get the review you like? It's rigged!!

rickyb

True. But a huge blue pickup with lots of extra chrome sticks the hell out.

Teslas are horribly unreliable. Even before Musk owned/triggered the Libs his cars were at the bottom of reliability and build quality. Consumer had Tesla rated below known crap brands like Range Rover and Jaguar.
Depends how easily swayed u r.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's pretty silly to clearly imply something, and then demand documentation that it was said.

It's toddler behavior.

To be fair, a lot of people infer things that aren't implied, then get upset when the other people deny implying what was inferred. If they're really special, they won't shut up about it.