Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

tourists24

They're already ready to surpass the gas engine at everything except long-haul or heavy towing.

That day will come. You can enjoy your remaining time in the sun.
I will convert when it becomes more effective and outperforms a gas engine. I’m not against EV, but I’m not going to change over til it’s a better product and as convenient or more so

tourists24

It already is for everything outside of heavy towing.
Not really. I can fill my truck up in 5 minutes or less and be on my way. Plus there is a gas station on every corner. I've seen how long it takes to fully charge a car/truck. Not to mention having to coordinate charging station visits. Just not there yet. I've had vehicles make it to 400k before they finally went caput. How long will battery life stay great in a normal price ev car? Plus, the towing issue is a real issue to me. I do own a truck and do use it to tow and carry things all the time.

wilberforce15

Not really. I can fill my truck up in 5 minutes or less and be on my way. Plus there is a gas station on every corner. I've seen how long it takes to fully charge a car/truck. Not to mention having to coordinate charging station visits. Just not there yet. I've had vehicles make it to 400k before they finally went caput. How long will battery life stay great in a normal price ev car? Plus, the towing issue is a real issue to me. I do own a truck and do use it to tow and carry things all the time.
The battery will outlast the body of the vehicle, and outlive your children. Millions of miles.

If you are fortunate enough to have power at your house like most Americans, you can fill up in 0 minutes instead of 5 minutes, so long as you drive less than 300 miles in a day.

You make a 5 minute stop for fuel once a week and think that's good.

I make no stops for 0 minutes for fuel in an average week.

If you are regularly long-hauling or heavy towing, then an EV is not for you. Otherwise, it's superior at everything right now.

tourists24

The battery will outlast the body of the vehicle, and outlive your children. Millions of miles.

If you are fortunate enough to have power at your house like most Americans, you can fill up in 0 minutes instead of 5 minutes, so long as you drive less than 300 miles in a day.

You make a 5 minute stop for fuel once a week and think that's good.

I make no stops for 0 minutes for fuel in an average week.

If you are regularly long-hauling or heavy towing, then an EV is not for you. Otherwise, it's superior at everything right now.
That's if you're at home every day or so. Again, not convenient for long distances. It doesn't take 0 minutes. Coordinating a station can get tricky if you get caught between recharging percentages. Electric vehicles are getting better but still too many hoops to jump through for me. Not just towing. And it may sound silly but has happened to my son; simply forgetting to plug in every night can still cause a real problem the next morning lol

oldngray

nowhere special
That's if you're at home every day or so. Again, not convenient for long distances. It doesn't take 0 minutes. Coordinating a station can get tricky if you get caught between recharging percentages. Electric vehicles are getting better but still too many hoops to jump through for me. Not just towing. And it may sound silly but has happened to my son; simply forgetting to plug in every night can still cause a real problem the next morning lol
They conveniently ignore all the people who don't live where they could charge at night.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Most trailer parks don’t.
Thank you for sharing your first hand experience.
My house was built before people had cars.
Was a short walk to the trolley line.

The only garages around here are converted carriage houses, and most of those are being converted into on property rentals because prices are so high.

wilberforce15

A single day road trip of 400 to 600 miles, which is normal, is uanffected by using an EV in most places. Total travel time is the same. I did TN to VT in a day. It wasn't arduous.

If you're doing regular long haul or heavy towing, it's different.