Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

tourists24

Did you know that electrons can travel through special flexible orange tubes? It's kind of expensive. Like 10 bucks.

Sometimes 20.
Why would I want to do all these different things when I can still easily just stop at a gas station and fill up? I should be convinced that an electric vehicle make my life easier and better, and I've still never felt this way to date. My son is discovering this now with his ev. No experiences he is having has made me want to go out and buy a 60k Ford Electric truck

Babagounj

Strength through joy
nuclear power doesnt work
The American West in in a drought thus their hydro power production is down.
Wind & solar power is not a long term viable option once fossil fuels are banned.
So nuclear is the only way, unless you know of an alternative ?

wilberforce15

Why would I want to do all these different things when I can still easily just stop at a gas station and fill up? I should be convinced that an electric vehicle make my life easier and better, and I've still never felt this way to date. My son is discovering this now with his ev. No experiences he is having has makes me want to go out and buy a 60k Ford Electric truck
Because making 0 stops is better than making 1 stop? The average EV owner and average car owner would make 0 stops per week for electricity. That's better than 1 gas stop.
Your son bought a subpar truck for way too much money. Ford is the knockoff brand, inexperienced and incapable.

rickyb

The American West in in a drought thus their hydro power production is down.
Wind & solar power is not a long term viable option once fossil fuels are banned.
So nuclear is the only way, unless you know of an alternative ?
well were not efficient enough with how we use energy anyways.

wilberforce15

Why would I want to do all these different things when I can still easily just stop at a gas station and fill up? I should be convinced that an electric vehicle make my life easier and better, and I've still never felt this way to date. My son is discovering this now with his ev. No experiences he is having has made me want to go out and buy a 60k Ford Electric truck
It won't make your life easier, because you do long haul and heavy towing. That means an EV is not currently for you. Which is what I've said a dozen times.
It's easier, more convenient, and better for most car owners.

wilberforce15

This is how you all look.
6m9rep.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
When they make an electric truck that can go into salt water ( ocean ) up to the rear axle repeatedly without causing any damages, I'll think about getting one.
Until then , I stick with diesel and gas powered trucks.

tourists24

Because making 0 stops is better than making 1 stop? The average EV owner and average car owner would make 0 stops per week for electricity. That's better than 1 gas stop.
Your son bought a subpar truck for way too much money. Ford is the knockoff brand, inexperienced and incapable.
It's not going to be 0 stops. Only in certain scenarios that you claim is most people, but I've not even seen it here. And the truck would be mine that is comparable to my Tundra, not what my son has. If you go away from home for any length of time, you DO have to coordinate how and when to recharge. It's simply not convenient to people who do a lot of miles each month.

wilberforce15

When they make an electric truck that can go into salt water ( ocean ) up to the rear axle repeatedly without causing any damages, I'll think about getting one.
Until then , I stick with diesel and gas powered trucks.
The cybertruck is better at that than anything on the market.
Highest ground clearance available, steel body, you name it.
You'll be able to buy aftermarket ballasts and use it as a boat in salt water if you want.

wilberforce15

It's not going to be 0 stops. Only in certain scenarios that you claim is most people, but I've not even seen it here. And the truck would be mine that is comparable to my Tundra, not what my son has. If you go away from home for any length of time, you DO have to coordinate how and when to recharge. It's simply not convenient to people who do a lot of miles each month.
Which is literally what I told you. It doesn't work for YOU.
Do you realize that you are not most people? Or is your universe that small?

wilberforce15

My condo parking spot is 100 feet from the building.
No way am I laying out such a long cord.
Or will I pay for laying cables underground in a flood zone ( ocean ).
Congratulations, you are in the small minority of American car owners who cannot easily and cheaply charge at home. You are a small minority. Do you feel special now?

oldngray

nowhere special
Electrics are OK for a lot of people who just need a daily commuter car but not even close to the answer for everyone.

And a lot of those people who use it for their daily ride will still need another car or truck. Where are the savings?