Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

rickyb

If electric vehicles were so great, word of mouth would spread fast and soon the gas engine would be obsolete. Hasn't happened yet nor will it til the electric is "better" and worth it to switch
Same logic could b applied to elections and yet the grease rises to the top

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Your video stated that they plan on reducing the truck's overall size by 5%.
So that it could fit inside of a common garage.
But why does the average joe need a vehicle with bullet proof sides and windows ?
Why not use lighter materials and increase the vehicle's range ?

wilberforce15

Your video stated that they plan on reducing the truck's overall size by 5%.
So that it could fit inside of a common garage.
But why does the average joe need a vehicle with bullet proof sides and windows ?
Why not use lighter materials and increase the vehicle's range ?
Why does it need to be bullet-proof? Becuase it's badass. That was the answer in the video.
Why not lighter materials? Because the same thing that's bulletproof also makes it basically dentproof, rustproof, user-proof, etc.
The badass features are what makes it invincible at any regular work.

Is 500 miles of range not enough?

wilberforce15

They had already hit that window with dozens of ball bearings and sledgehammers in tests right before the event.

What it proves is that it can only take a few thrown ball bearings and sledghammers before it cracks.
It's bullet proof.

You just can't sit in front of a machine gun.

wilberforce15

What sad is full size trucks have grown so damn large.

A wimpy "mid-sized" 2022 Ford Ranger is about the size what the F150 used to be.
My first job was illegally operating a commercial vehicle at 15 years old. A 90s little Ranger with a yellow hat in top delivering auto parts for Napa. I love little trucks.

rod

Retired 23 years
I'm in the process of trying to sell my toy hauler camper. I'm amazed at the number of idiots who want to know if they can pull it with a little truck like a Ranger. I tell them it's advertised by the manufacture as half ton towable ( I did pull it for 5 years with a half ton 5.0 Silverado) but my 3/4 ton pulls it MUCH better. I suppose I better start telling them it is not EV towable either.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm in the process of trying to sell my toy hauler camper. I'm amazed at the number of idiots who want to know if they can pull it with a little truck like a Ranger. I tell them it's advertised by the manufacture as half ton towable ( I did pull it for 5 years with a half ton 5.0 Silverado) but my 3/4 ton pulls it MUCH better. I suppose I better start telling them it is not EV towable either.
Tongue weight is what matters. You don't need much for a small boat but need a lot more for toy haulers.

wilberforce15

Very easily towable for any of the EV trucks. It's only a question of distance.