Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
All the fishermen/lobstermen I know get new 1/2 ton pickups every 4 years or sooner.
Hauling wet crates of lobsters and dragging their skiffs into & out of the water every working day really put stresses on the body & frame of their trucks.
Sure they could get something larger but it does mean that it would last longer.
Salt water has a nasty habit of destroying everything made of metal it touches.

wilberforce15

All the fishermen/lobstermen I know get new 1/2 ton pickups every 4 years or sooner.
Hauling wet crates of lobsters and dragging their skiffs into & out of the water every working day really put stresses on the body & frame of their trucks.
Sure they could get something larger but it does mean that it would last longer.
Salt water has a nasty habit of destroying everything made of metal it touches.
Sounds like they could use a truck with the highest available ground clearance which uses the most corrosion-resistant body metal.

wilberforce15

Nobody wants a truck that requires a ladder to climb in.
You guys really do just make things up.

Ground clearance barely alters the step-in height. It's largely created by other parts of the design.

Ground clearance is 17 inches on the cybertruck, dude.

The base half ton average is 9 inches of ground clearance on the big 3. So, it doubles the ground clearance, but you're not talking about a monster truck. Good grief.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm almost 70.
Most lobstermen are of the same age, old.
Not many younger guys want this way of life.
And you want us to have to climb into a high truck ?
I think not.
What we use are dependable work trucks.

wilberforce15

I'm almost 70.
Most lobstermen are of the same age, old.
Not many younger guys want this way of life.
And you want us to have to climb into a high truck ?
I think not.
What we use are dependable work trucks.
index.jpg

There is no meaningful difference in step-in height. It's just a superior design that yields the ground clearance advantage.
You are fake news.

newolddude

Can someone explain to me the anger over a partial transition to electric vehicles?

I missed the part where Ford and GM completely stopped production of regular and heavy duty gas and diesel trucks.

wilberforce15

Can someone explain to me the anger over a partial transition to electric vehicles?

I missed the part where Ford and GM completely stopped production of regular and heavy duty gas and diesel trucks.
They know that it's not really about EV's.
EV's are the gateway drug, the camel's nose under the tent, and the thin end of the wedge to totally remake society in a global enviro-communist dystopia.

They're right.
What they're missing is that EV's will win because they are superior, not because they are forced. They're just better.

I just like messing with boomers. They're right about the end game.

wilberforce15

Why no of course. This truck will never die. Will never fall apart. And best of all it slices, it dices, it makes Julian fries. Cram oranges against a corner and you've got juice.
Correct. Electrical motors are inherently more reliable than gas. You can do no maintenance on them whatsoever and this truck will be running at 1 million miles.
Tires and wipers. Tires and wipers. Tires and wipers. Then you hit a million and everything is still fine.

You can have 1 or 2 of the motors fail, which is impossible, and it would still outrun that silly Ford.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Correct. Electrical motors are inherently more reliable than gas. You can do no maintenance on them whatsoever and this truck will be running at 1 million miles.
Tires and wipers. Tires and wipers. Tires and wipers. Then you hit a million and everything is still fine.

You can have 1 or 2 of the motors fail, which is impossible, and it would still outrun that silly Ford.
Have any be sold to the public , yet ?
If not, then it is all just wishful thinking on your part.
Since you have no real life data.

wilberforce15

Have any be sold to the public , yet ?
If not, then it is all just wishful thinking on your part.
Since you have no real life data.
None have been sold to the public yet.

Wishful thinking is you believing that a 5 billion dollar superfactory was built for false specs, and that the real ones with those real specs are just fakes or lies. That is wishful thinking.

Sad, really. You have to put so much faith that the most profitable car company in history has fake specs, fake trucks and fake factories bigger than CACH.