Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Non liberal

Boy I don't think you can miss the point anymore if you were trying. The guy who bought the Chevy volt is screwed. If you buy a proper EV you will not need to replace it. the car or the battery.
Yet you still fail to explain why you don’t replace a Tesla battery when it goes bad. They lose their charging capacity as they age. They are too expensive to replace. You need to buy a new car when the battery gets too weak to charge.

wilberforce15

Yet you still fail to explain why you don’t replace a Tesla battery when it goes bad. They lose their charging capacity as they age. They are too expensive to replace. You need to buy a new car when the battery gets too weak to charge.
Current batteries being shipped out right now are rated at less than 10 to 15% loss and energy capacity over a few million miles. They don't just crap out. You might start with 400 miles range and in a decade you have 350. boohoo

wilberforce15

Think about all the maintenance that keeps the average mechanic afloat. Electric vehicles do not have those parts. There is no maintenance schedule enough to maintain all of those shops. There is nothing for them to do.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Even if your fake news is taken as accurate, the replacement cost less than 20 years of oil changes.
I don't spend $300 on oil changes a year.

Again with the ignorance. I give you proof. You dont.

wilberforce15

Here is another silly reason to listen to any mechanic. They only look at the old ones. Anything in the EV space that's more than 2 years old or five or eight or 10 is all ancient garbage.
Technology is advancing that fast.

Non liberal

Current batteries being shipped out right now are rated at less than 10 to 15% loss and energy capacity over a few million miles. They don't just crap out. You might start with 400 miles range and in a decade you have 350. boohoo
Regardless of climate? I would have to look into that myself, not sure I believe that.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Most mechanics will do the oil change cheaper than you can get the oil and filters, silly
Since my vehicles came from the same manufacturer with the same oil and filters required, I too can buy in bulk.
And unlike some mechanics I let the oil drip out until all the old stuff is gone.
I do all vehicles at the same time, I'm not big on mileage, so I go by time.
Which costs me <$100, twice a year.

Non liberal

Climate does much more to reduce the max capacity not make the capacity degrade.
What Tesla says and what actually happens are apparently two different things.

Attachments

• 10A337EF-0CAF-4139-A83C-45D53AC5873C.png
    10A337EF-0CAF-4139-A83C-45D53AC5873C.png
    656.4 KB · Views: 25

wilberforce15

Since my vehicles came from the same manufacturer with the same oil and filters required, I too can buy in bulk.
And unlike some mechanics I let the oil drip out until all the old stuff is gone.
I do all vehicles at the same time, I'm not big on mileage, so I go by time.
Which costs me <$100, twice a year.
Congratulations. *Yawn and eye roll.*

So you are agreeing with my claim. The claim was that replacing an electric motor would be cheaper than 15 to 20 years of oil changes you can. You can very easily get a low mileage replacement motor for 2 to 4,000 which makes this really ballpark if you include just a fluid flush or two. Thank you for proving my case.

And the electric motors don't die anyway. They last for millions of miles. But even in your silly example just your oil change and fluid replacement cost with no breakdowns cost more than my motor replace every 20 years