Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

vantexan

You don't even know which battery we are talking about. The batteries that I'm talking about are rolling out this year.

Maybe you should stop trying to argue with "quick Google searches" and actually read something before engaging
You may be right. But didn't you just argue that these current motors and batteries last an extraordinarily long time? You've been pushing the superiority of these things for awhile too.

vantexan

I only care about reliability and longevity. The 5.7 and 6spd tranny are about as proven as it gets. It’s actually not bad for a big motor. I consistently get 18mpg.
I'd rather get 50+. My preferred vehicle would be a one ton pickup with a truck camper but I'll settle for what I can afford.

wilberforce15

You may be right. But didn't you just argue that these current motors and batteries last an extraordinarily long time? You've been pushing the superiority of these things for awhile too.
Yes, the current ones are superior, and 300k-500k miles for the old, inferior motors is within the time frame we established....lasting someone 20 years and being cheaper than basic maintenance on a gas engine.
Nobody puts half a million miles on a car, or even wants to. It's academic.

But yes, the ones from a few years ago will last the average person for a few decades, without replacing the battery or motors. That's the important part. And they'll do it with no maintenance.

Non liberal

Yes, the current ones are superior, and 300k-500k miles for the old, inferior motors is within the time frame we established....lasting someone 20 years and being cheaper than basic maintenance on a gas engine.
Nobody puts half a million miles on a car, or even wants to. It's academic.

But yes, the ones from a few years ago will last the average person for a few decades, without replacing the battery or motors. That's the important part. And they'll do it with no maintenance.
I’m gonna.

wilberforce15

I’m gonna.
Then you can buy a new Tesla and not even think about it, or buy a big diesel truck you like, do routine maintenance, and it's all good. I don't care.

The point is that everyone here is simply triggered and wrong about EV reliability, longevity, ease, and general superiority in most applications.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

@over9five and @Covemastah you guys better enjoy your gas guzzlers as long as you can. After 2035, it’s OVER.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

@over9five and @Covemastah you guys better enjoy your gas guzzlers as long as you can. After 2035, it’s OVER.
No it isn't.. that will never happen

Non liberal

Then you can buy a new Tesla and not even think about it, or buy a big diesel truck you like, do routine maintenance, and it's all good. I don't care.

The point is that everyone here is simply triggered and wrong about EV reliability, longevity, ease, and general superiority in most applications.
No, im gonna do it on my tundra. The government ruined diesels, and sorry evs are junk, inconvenient, and just not practical. The only way I could ever see them succeeding is if we get rid of the consumer having to charge it totally. There is a company in China that sells the ev, but takes the battery out of the equation. $10 a month or so gets you so many battery swaps a month at their battery swapping locations. Takes 3-5 minutes to swap a battery, similar to gas pumping. That way when the battery dies, your car isn’t junk. Still doesn’t solve the environment issue they are supposed to solve.

wilberforce15

No, im gonna do it on my tundra. The government ruined diesels, and sorry evs are junk, inconvenient, and just not practical. The only way I could ever see them succeeding is if we get rid of the consumer having to charge it totally. There is a company in China that sells the ev, but takes the battery out of the equation. $10 a month or so gets you so many battery swaps a month at their battery swapping locations. Takes 3-5 minutes to swap a battery, similar to gas pumping. That way when the battery dies, your car isn’t junk. Still doesn’t solve the environment issue they are supposed to solve.
Battery swapping is garbage and only works in super high density areas, which is why they work in China.

You seem not to understand that public charging isn't part of the average EV owner's experience or life. I charge a few times a year, and I put 20k miles a year on mine. It's so rare that it's hard to remember how to use them or where the app is on my phone.

I have electricity at my house, and most people do. If your house has electricity, you don't use public chargers except on long-distance trips.

The battery doesn't die. You guys just need to forget that whole line of thought.

Last edited:

wilberforce15

Gas guzzlers will be running strong through 2050 even by the most optimistic globo-homo projections.
Take a chill pill.

wilberforce15

Battery swapping would be less convenient for me, just like having a gas car would.

Why should I make a stop to refuel at all?

My house has fuel with a plug. No stops.

If I had the chance to battery swap, why on earth would I?

Non liberal

Battery swapping is garbage and only works in super high density areas, which is why they work in China.

You seem not to understand that public charging isn't part of the average EV owner's experience or life. I charge a few times a year, and I put 20k miles a year on mine. I have electricity at my house, and most people do. If your house has electricity, you don't use public chargers except on long-distance trips.

The battery doesn't die. You guys just need to forget that whole line of thought.
why buy two cars when you can have one gas vehicle to do anything you want. Most people can’t afford two vehicles, so they’re not going to sell them to the masses, and they’ll only be a luxury every other 4 yrs when a worthless democrat gets into office. You can’t take long vacations, you can’t tow. Sorry, people like to take vacations without spending a quarter of their time at a charging station.

Non liberal

Lol, all they’re going to do is make the car companies in states like Texas and Florida a fortune. Just register your car in Texas. Good to go.