Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Look up abby martin on usa empire pollution

Its not even sustainable economically
I don't need to look up anything. I've experience ev vehicle. It is a gimmick. Ev charging will never be two to three minutes to fully charged. So you lose all the people that enjoy road trips at that point.
Ups completely wiped out all ev vehicles in our building due to range and lack of lasting an 9 hour day.
Instead of putting your easily manipulated brain into articles. Get real world experience. When companies pay x amount of dollars for vehicles. Then decommission them within 3 to 4 years. That right there tells you a lot.

rickyb

I don't need to look up anything. I've experience ev vehicle. It is a gimmick. Ev charging will never be two to three minutes to fully charged. So you lose all the people that enjoy road trips at that point.
Ups completely wiped out all ev vehicles in our building due to range and lack of lasting an 9 hour day.
Instead of putting your easily manipulated brain into articles. Get real world experience. When companies pay x amount of dollars for vehicles. Then decommission them within 3 to 4 years. That right there tells you a lot.
capitalism doesnt work and will lead to system collapse in 15 years

Babagounj

Strength through joy
according to CR, there are 45 consumers interesting in buying an EV for every 1 EV being made

• EVs may be more expensive to insure than equally expensive gas equivalents
  • Electric cars are made of parts that are harder to replace and more expensive
  • Tesla offers its own insurance but uses sensors to penalize bad driving habits
The bottom line is what buyers are looking for.
Cheap to buy, operate and insure are the real motivators.

rickyb

• EVs may be more expensive to insure than equally expensive gas equivalents
  • Electric cars are made of parts that are harder to replace and more expensive
  • Tesla offers its own insurance but uses sensors to penalize bad driving habits
The bottom line is what buyers are looking for.
Cheap to buy, operate and insure are the real motivators.
just wait till you hear how insurance companies are reacting to global warming

vantexan

This is my idea of an electric powered vehicle. No pedals, just jump on and run to store to get groceries. No tag, no license.

Thebrownblob

This is my idea of an electric powered vehicle. No pedals, just jump on and run to store to get groceries. No tag, no license.
Looks fun but not super practical for grocery shopping. Even if you buy the basket and we’re backpack you’re not getting too much. Maybe a gallon of milk or more importantly, a six pack of beer😂

vantexan

Looks fun but not super practical for grocery shopping. Even if you buy the basket and we’re backpack you’re not getting too much. Maybe a gallon of milk or more importantly, a six pack of beer😂
That's fine for just me. Run down to Walmart, get what I need for the day. Gets me out of the house. What's really cool about this particular brand is their batteries are small enough to be allowed in a carry-on on a plane. They also have a protective bag for air travel. This is their latest model that just came out and is able to handle taller and heavier people(up to a point). Their original one was a little smaller with a 220 lb weight limit. They're pricey for what you get but no chain, no grease, easy transportation.

Thebrownblob

That's fine for just me. Run down to Walmart, get what I need for the day. Gets me out of the house. What's really cool about this particular brand is their batteries are small enough to be allowed in a carry-on on a plane. They also have a protective bag for air travel. This is their latest model that just came out and is able to handle taller and heavier people(up to a point). Their original one was a little smaller with a 220 lb weight limit. They're pricey for what you get but no chain, no grease, easy transportation.
Probably doesn’t work for anyone but a single person though. Don’t get me wrong. I’m tempted to buy one just because they look fun and I’m a sucker and I will certainly use the excuse you’re giving to buy one to my wife.😂

rickyb

Consumer reports rates e bikes

vantexan

Consumer reports rates e bikes
I've been following ebikes for years. Consumer Reports is a starting point for people who don't know anything about ebikes. That's all. And their recommendations are very vanilla, general use to cover as many potential buyers as possible. There are many, many variations of ebikes with specific use cases, price points. I could go to town and buy an $8k bike but I doubt I'd be any happier than with this little Jackrabbit because neuropathy in my feet limits my ability to pedal.