Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

rickyb

I didn't say I didn't have time to. I said it's not a priority for me. And heavy traffic isn't a Christian issue.

I'm 100% for hybrid cars. Use a lot less gas so a lot less emissions. There are enough issues with EV's to balance out with.hybrid emissions. And I'm for nuclear power. If you truly want to get rid of carbon emissions than we have to have a lot more nuclear. Without it forcing us into EV's is doomed to fail.
why wasnt it a priority to fit into your hectic schedule?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
  • The five best performing electric cars were made by either Mercedes or BMW
  • The worst performers were the Ford friend-150 Lighting, Lucid Air and Tesla Model S.
A 2023 Mercedes-Benz EQE 350 traveled 72 miles further than the EPA estimate.

Audi, Genesis, Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, Nissan, Subaru, and Volkswagen cars were all within around 20 miles of their advertised ranges.

2022 Ford friend-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range ran out of juice after covering 270 highway miles, 50 miles less than the EPA 320-mile estimate, according to a test by Consumer Reports.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
  • The worst performers were the Ford friend-150 Lighting, Lucid Air and Tesla Model S.

Audi, Genesis, Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, Nissan, Subaru, and Volkswagen cars were all within around 20 miles of their advertised ranges.

2022 Ford friend-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range ran out of juice after covering 270 highway miles, 50 miles less than the EPA 320-mile estimate, according to a test by Consumer Reports.
No surprise there. UAW at work

rickyb

You read your cr!

newolddude

I didn't say I didn't have time to. I said it's not a priority for me. And heavy traffic isn't a Christian issue.

I'm 100% for hybrid cars. Use a lot less gas so a lot less emissions. There are enough issues with EV's to balance out with.hybrid emissions. And I'm for nuclear power. If you truly want to get rid of carbon emissions than we have to have a lot more nuclear. Without it forcing us into EV's is doomed to fail.
We also need to improve infrastructure so that those that want to drive less/not own a vehicle have options, thus reducing the number of vehicles on the road. That means buses, light rail and trains.

And if you want to keep driving: keep on driving.

vantexan

We also need to improve infrastructure so that those that want to drive less/not own a vehicle have options, thus reducing the number of vehicles on the road. That means buses, light rail and trains.

And if you want to keep driving: keep on driving.
That's fine. Just as long as we keep the public transit in metro areas and not try to force it on rural areas because some construction company kicks back money to the politicians.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1702686442051.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Because yeah, gas/diesel vehicles never get in accidents.
I posted " collisions " , not accidents.
Once all EVs are in self driving mode collisions will increase since each onboard computer will consider that only it was following the proper driving instructions program.
Much like today's drivers.

rod

Retired 23 years
I posted " collisions " , not accidents.
Once all EVs are in self driving mode collisions will increase since each onboard computer will consider that only it was following the proper driving instructions program.
Much like today's drivers.
Either that or traffic will come to a stand still because 2 driverless EV's can't decide who has the right of way.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
more bad news for EVs

According to GM, almost 1,000 of its nearly 2,000 Buick dealerships across the U.S. chose to take buyouts from the parent company rather than investing potentially millions into retooling and prepping dealers to service and sell EVs.
The buyouts mean that GM will now have just about 1,000 Buick dealerships across the nation as the automaker moves forward with adhering to President Joe Biden’s green energy agenda.
Dealers who are taking the buyout would give up the Buick franchise and no longer sell the brand. The dealer can continue to sell other GM models, such as Chevrolet or GMC, that often account for a higher percentage of sales.

Audi also announced that it was scaling back production of its EVs.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Ford said on Thursday that half of all 1,550 Ford dealers chose to sell electric vehicles in 2024—down from two-thirds that said this time last year that they would opt in to sell EVs for 2023.

The slack buy-in from Ford dealerships comes even after Ford relaxed its requirements for dealers in the EV dealer program last January that mandated fewer L2 chargers and extended installation deadlines. Certified Ford EV dealers were once required to spend $500,000 for a single public DC fast charger, or $1 million if they wanted to be in the Elite tier of EV dealers. The extra $500,000 was for another fast charger and demo units, among other things. But the high price tag caused Ford dealers to balk.