OOPS, WINDMILLS FREEZE, NO POWER, MAJOR ENERGY PRODUCTION FAIL!

vantexan

Facts have never changed @vantexan’s mind. He wants to believe it was the fault of wind turbines so that’s what he’ll choose to believe. Reality has no bearing on that choice.
I'm going on what an engineer said on a local program. If you believe wind and solar can power homes completely independent of oil and gas in northern states that routinely see this kind of weather then have at it. As people die in the cold you can warm yourself with the knowledge that you're doing your part to save the planet.

vantexan

According to ERCOT as reported by the Texas Tribune, Texas has lost 16 Gigawatts of power from Renewable, 30 from gas and coal, primarily due to freezing pipes. That Abbott, Sean Hannity, and Tucker rush to blame this on "green energy," is just another sad attempt to abrogate responsibility and blame "the other guy."

If you think this is about climate change, or frozen windmills, you're the sucker - the mark at the poker table. This is about the arrogance and complacency of Texas state leadership, nothing more.
I heard Abbott say on the radio yesterday that it shouldn't all be blamed on wind power. That they were having real trouble with natural gas plants. Seems to me the real rush to judgement is being made by the Left looking to attack conservative leadership.

rickyb

I'm going on what an engineer said on a local program. If you believe wind and solar can power homes completely independent of oil and gas in northern states that routinely see this kind of weather then have at it. As people die in the cold you can warm yourself with the knowledge that you're doing your part to save the planet.
nor is oil and gas a solution either LOL

NEWS FLASH:

when temperatures get below freezing, things freeze. Unless, of course, you prepare to prevent it. It’s not difficult to figure out.

rickyb

NEWS FLASH:

when temperatures get below freezing, things freeze. Unless, of course, you prepare to prevent it. It’s not difficult to figure out.
ive seen videos of frozen water pipes exploding, why wouldnt they build it to withstand freezing?

rickyb

How much is wind power?
i dont know but what i do know is this system has already warmed us 1 degree C, its set to warm us another 5 degrees which will make life miserable if not impossible. this system of throwing stuff away instead of fixing things or upgrading things doesnt work, and buying things all the time doesnt work.

arent renewables cheaper than fossil fuels?