OOPS, WINDMILLS FREEZE, NO POWER, MAJOR ENERGY PRODUCTION FAIL!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Ha, ha.... You should stay off Babylon Bee.

Here's another one. :teethy:

Heroic Ted Cruz Travels To Cancun To Lasso The Sun And Bring It Back To Texas

CANCUN—Ted Cruz is being heralded as a hero after he traveled to Cancun in the middle of the worst energy crisis in recent memory in order to lasso the sun and bring it back to Texas.

The media quickly condemned Cruz for his trip but apologized when they realized he was actually saving the state by bringing the sun back for them.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Even if you wrongly believe he can’t do anything in his official capacity as your representative to the federal government he could pass out blankets to his constituents that are sleeping in their cars in the Walmart parking lot.
It will be fine:
"Meh. I don’t believe you care about those dead or their families. Please continue your crocodile tears, I’m sure everyone is very moved."

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm a firm believer in the fact that every State has their share of maroon politicians. Both Dem and Pubs. Mn. has more than their share.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm a firm believer in the fact that every State has their share of maroon politicians. Both Dem and Pubs. Mn. has more than their share.

The problem being that no decent human being wants to get into politics. That only leaves us with the type of people who want to get into politics.

rod

Retired 22 years
Texas's new slogan- Welcome to Texas, the most northern third world country in the Americas. LMFAO!
They still have their guns and Lone Star Beer though. Starting to warm up there again. 38 today-47 Sat and then back in the 50's and 60's. . What do you bet that they still won't join a nation wide power grid. They are a different bred of people.

PT Car Washer

They still have their guns and Lone Star Beer though. Starting to warm up there again. 38 today-47 Sat and then back in the 50's and 60's. . What do you bet that they still won't join a nation wide power grid. They are a different bred of people.
Texas can keep their Lone Star beer. And their power grid.

rod

Retired 22 years
1613793510957.png

MAKAVELI

Texas is a hot mess. No wonder it's so :censored2:ing cheap. Lol

Supersoaker

Proud Republican Against Trump (RAT)
Cool picture. Too bad it was taken years ago in Sweden and shows a helicopter crew training to de-ice a windmill with hot water.

I have to admit, this whole windmill thing was compelling at first but the facts have shown it to be kind of hollow. First of all, windmills failed at a much lower rate than other Texas fuel sources like gas and nuclear.

Additionally, all these sources would have failed less if they had been equipped for colder weather. So why weren't they? Sure, Texas doesn't get a lot of weather like this but this certainly isn't the first time it has happened. These "storm of the century" things sure seem to be happening a lot - three times in the last thirty or so years by my count. I mean, we are dealing with a public utility here and it seems that they should be building them a little more robustly, doesn't it. But why would they? That stuff costs a lot of money and would really cut back on the profitability of the shareholders. I can only think of one reason why they would bother to build gas and nuclear plants - and windfarms for that matter - that are suitable for use in cold weather; regulations.

Oh, but those are bad. I forgot.