Orlando night club shooting

oldngray

nowhere special
I saw an article that explained that 22lr was one of the most effective self defense rounds. Shot gun shells were obviously first.

I have seen similar articles. A shotgun is by far the best. I think the article that praised the .22 did so because it is something even a novice can shoot without being intimidated by recoil or muzzle blast. I disagreed with most of its reasoning. A .22 is OK and surprisingly effective but wouldn't be one of my first choices. There are other more effective mild recoil options.

I saw an article that explained that 22lr was one of the most effective self defense rounds. Shot gun shells were obviously first.
Most likely because .22's are the most popular gun in America. Also not as intimidating when firing as a larger caliber weapon. Ever hear a 9mm go off inside a room without ear protection? You almost go into shock from the sound.

Overpaid Union Thug

I have seen similar articles. A shotgun is by far the best. I think the article that praised the .22 did so because it is something even a novice can shoot without being intimidated by recoil or muzzle blast. I disagreed with most of its reasoning. A .22 is OK and surprisingly effective but wouldn't be one of my first choices. There are other more effective mild recoil options.
The one I read seemed to be focusing on the effectiveness of the 22lr at repelling attackers as opposed to killing. I think it's because in some situations other calibers, despite how much damage they inflict, aren't as effective because the attackers go into shock or because of pure adrenaline. When shot by a 22lr round it's more like the worst stinging pain imaginable but without the aid of adrenaline or going into shock.

The only reason I don't carry a Walther P22 (they are so concealable!) is because 22lr guns are so finicky.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
1439343595911.gif

Johney

Pineapple King

Most likely because .22's are the most popular gun in America. Also not as intimidating when firing as a larger caliber weapon. Ever hear a 9mm go off inside a room without ear protection? You almost go into shock from the sound.

The one I read seemed to be focusing on the effectiveness of the 22lr at repelling attackers as opposed to killing. I think it's because in some situations other calibers, despite how much damage they inflict, aren't as effective because the attackers go into shock or because of pure adrenaline. When shot by a 22lr round it's more like the worst stinging pain imaginable but without the aid of adrenaline or going into shock.

The only reason I don't carry a Walther P22 (they are so concealable!) is because 22lr guns are so finicky.
Quite possibly the use as a home defense and the likelihood of rounds penetrating walls and possibly injuring others inside.

Luke Thighrocker

My favorite meme shared today.

How in the hell could a registered democrat and known (to the FBI) terrorist sympathizer stroll into any establishment and purchase a weapon of war?

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1465779809.332540.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Quite possibly the use as a home defense and the likelihood of rounds penetrating walls and possibly injuring others inside.

Everything will go through sheetrock. The studs will stop some rounds if hit but the odds are if you shoot and miss its going through that wall. So don't shoot unless you have to and if you do don't miss and always be aware of what is behind your target.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My favorite meme shared today.

How in the hell could a registered democrat and known (to the FBI) terrorist sympathizer stroll into any establishment and purchase a weapon of war?

View attachment 84451

Sure. GOP/NRA-established loopholes that ensure almost anyone can buy a gun. If they let Charlie Manson out of prison tomorrow, he'd probably be allowed to buy a gun. The NRA lobby has helped make it easy for the wrong people to have weapons.

Thanks, Republitards!

upschuck

If I was a conspiracist, since Bush got blamed for 9/11 for an excuse to go to war, Obama gets blamed for this to further his anti-gun agenda, but I am not.

See how dumb that sounds?

Johney

Pineapple King
Everything will go through sheetrock. The studs will stop some rounds if hit but the odds are if you shoot and miss its going through that wall. So don't shoot unless you have to and if you do don't miss and always be aware of what is behind your target.
Yes that's true but after a .22 goes through a wall sheet rock or not the likelihood of serious injury is less.