OSHA Heat Rule-making Progress Being Made

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thank you for keeping up with this, truly. But honestly, no one's gonna read it. So please give everyone a brief summary of what's going on, in your opinion.
Proposed drinking water requirement:

(2) Drinking water. The employer must provide access to potable water for
drinking that is:
(i) Placed in locations readily accessible to the employee;
(ii) Suitably cool; and
(iii) Of sufficient quantity to provide access to 1 quart of drinking water per
employee per hour.

Thebrownblob

Proposed drinking water requirement:

(2) Drinking water. The employer must provide access to potable water for
drinking that is:
(i) Placed in locations readily accessible to the employee;
(ii) Suitably cool; and
(iii) Of sufficient quantity to provide access to 1 quart of drinking water per
employee per hour.
How will that be achieved on a package car?

Thebrownblob

3 gallon rack
3 gallon cooler
I’m not sure what a rack is

And the company already gave us a 1 gallon cooler that the company provides contractually and fill it with ice in the morning that the company provides and it’s completely melted by noon. How will they achieve all of this ice and cold water?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I’m not sure what a rack is

And the company already gave us a 1 gallon cooler that the company provides contractually and fill it with ice in the morning that the company provides and it’s completely melted by noon. How will they achieve all of this ice and cold water?
You can get them both from igloo on Amazon.

What contract article is the water jug in?

I’d like to review the language.

1 gallon jug is inadequate.

i would recommend a 5 gallon jug to meet quantity and cooling requirements.

UPS and some on the BC will no doubt cry about my suggestions, but let them cry.

Thebrownblob

You can get them both from igloo on Amazon.

What contract article is the water jug in?

I’d like to review the language.

1 gallon jug is inadequate.

i would recommend a 5 gallon jug to meet quantity and cooling requirements.

UPS and some on the BC will no doubt cry about my suggestions, but let them cry.
Not crying, trying to figure out the logistics of what you’re suggesting is possible.

We have a 1 gallon jug that was given to us. It’s a pretty nice Coleman here. I don’t know what everyone else got..

The company has added numerous ice machines all over the building great for drivers in the morning and employees throughout the day, but obviously drivers cannot fill up after they leave.

1 gallon jug is pretty big and takes a a bit for all the drivers to get ice and water. I have no idea how anyone could carry or fill a 5 gallon barrel of water lol.

And I do not know of any way to keep ice from melting for more than a few hours in the heat of a package car.

1720207272798.png

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Easy Peasy .

We went through the various options a couple of summers ago.

Poor UPS will just have to cut into their billions in net income and open it’s wallet.
They opened their wallet handsomely during last contract negotiations. Guys seem to have plenty for smokes, lottery tickets, and beer, but can't buy water ot bring a water pitcher from home?

6ocvcp-jpg.397576

Thebrownblob

Maybe UPS is not for you if you are so irresponsible as not to make sure you have plenty to drink during any shift.

How did Teamsters survive in days of yore?
@Wally it wasn’t as hot in days of yore. Nobody ever had to worry about 100°. It was sunny and 80° in yore. Now the world is a molting hot pit of lava.😜

Integrity

Binge Poster
Maybe UPS is not for you if you are so irresponsible as not to make sure you have plenty to drink during any shift.

How did Teamsters survive in days of yore?
Maybe , maybe not. But if these proposed rules go through then if UPS doesn’t provide enough suitably cool water for the day(1 quart per hour) then at least It opens up the opportunity for employees to file a formal complaint against the company.

Just because Teamsters survived doesn’t mean that they were always treated right.
Survival seem like a low standard to set the Teamsters membership.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Maybe , maybe not. But if these proposed rules go through then if UPS doesn’t provide enough suitably cool water for the day(1 quart per hour) then at least It opens up the opportunity for employees to file a formal complaint against the company.

Just because Teamsters survived doesn’t mean that they were always treated right.
Survival seem like a low standard to set the Teamsters membership.
How did cops get bullet proof vests? Their contract!? Getting shot at? They have them, and still get killed on duty…..if you don’t like hot weather and have a vagina, then don’t become a UPS package driver. Got to school and get a degree! Easy Peezy dick bag.

Integrity

Binge Poster
How did cops get bullet proof vests? Their contract!? Getting shot at? They have them, and still get killed on duty…..if you don’t like hot weather and have a vagina, then don’t become a UPS package driver. Got to school and get a degree! Easy Peezy dick bag.
Are you a company kiss up?