OSHA Heat Rule-making Progress Being Made

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes. What article of the Master?
18. Safety.

1720220520267.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster
Based upon the proposed OSHA Heat rule, pertaining to drinking water of 1 quart per hour on “Heat days” as described in the rule I would say that 3 gallons of suitably cool water is the amount of water UPS will be required to provide each driver on his truck.

You may hate the proposed rule, you may hate OSHA, but can we at least agree this is what the proposed rule is saying.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Corporate greed that’s all. No integrity.

My father-in-laws boat cabin had an ac like this 30 years ago.

UPS management is disgraceful.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
A great time to call on Him.

I reviewed that language. I like it. The one gallon jug will certainly not be adequate to meet the new proposed requirements for driver. UPS will have to provide more than this.
Some people can figure out how to refill that jug as needed throughout the day.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Some people can figure out how to refill that jug as needed throughout the day.
How is this relevant to UPS requirements in following the law relevant to the proposed OSHA Heat Rule?

Are you suggesting that it is ok for UPS to blame the workers and have the ones who are not able to figure this out to suffer and to absolve the corrupt, dishonest, and disgrace management culture of UPS from having to fulfill their responsibilities under the law?

Are you or were you management at UPS?

I was management and hourly at UPS.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How did cops get bullet proof vests? Their contract!? Getting shot at? They have them, and still get killed on duty…..if you don’t like hot weather and have a vagina, then don’t become a UPS package driver. Got to school and get a degree! Easy Peezy dick bag.
Lol
Are you a company kiss up?

Is that your "go to" response? Seems akin to pulling the "racist" card. Neither is successful around here, we reject the notion that being personally responsible automatically makes one, as you attempt to frame it, a "kiss up".

Integrity

Binge Poster
Lol

Is that your "go to" response? Seems akin to pulling the "racist" card. Neither is successful around here, we reject the notion that being personally responsible automatically makes one, as you attempt to frame it, a "kiss up".
No it is not. Only when I see in a persons response the possibility that this is the case. I have experienced and observed many company suck ups over the years.

I only ask this question to see if that is how you view yourself if you are offended by the term please forgive me.

I do not sympathize very much with the UPS management system and culture that is corrupt, dishonest, oppressive, greedy, lacking integrity in most things.

My view is UPS can spare a couple of billion in net income per year to spend on their employees and still be doing just fine.

Wally

No it is not. Only when I see in a persons response the possibility that this is the case. I have experienced and observed many company suck ups over the years.

I only ask this question to see if that is how you view yourself if you are offended by the term please forgive me.

I do not sympathize very much with the UPS management system and culture that is corrupt, dishonest, oppressive, greedy, lacking integrity in most things.

My view is UPS can spare a couple of billion in net income per year to spend on their employees and still be doing just fine.
Not your money. Just worry about Teamster negotiated agreements.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You leave for a long road trip without filling the vehicle up with fuel?

It summer Junior, be prepared.
Different issue.

Please stay on point my friend.

You reject the notion of corporate responsibility as per UPS responsibility to supply water to drivers in the manner described in the OSHA Proposed Heat Rule?

Wally

Different issue.

Please stay on point my friend.

You reject the notion of corporate responsibility as per UPS responsibility to supply water to drivers in the manner described in the OSHA Proposed Heat Rule?
Union talks for us.

Be prepared, stop relying on others for your own well being, recipe for disaster.