Palestinian-Israel Conflict (War?)

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Remember, after 9/11 we faced a momentous choice: should we engage in a narrowly targeted attack to get Bin Laden and al-Qaeda or attempt much more expansive wars of regime change?

Bush made the latter choice — and blundered into one of the greatest foreign policy disasters in the country’s 250-year history. Hopefully Israel doesn't make the same mistake.
I don't know where you get the "blundered into one of the greatest foreign policy disasters in the country’s 250-year history" idea. What people fail to comprehend is that you cannot measure what did not happen. If Bush did what the liberals and critics wanted, we could all be dead now...
You do realize that there are things that are not revealed because that would disclose the ability to learn about them.

I'd rather have a Bush today than a bumbling Biden/Obama/Clinton/Carter any day...

bacha29

You're talking real sense as evidenced by what has happened in the past hours.

Following the heaviest Israeli bombardment yet King Abdullah of Jordon a US ally plainly warned Israel and the US that if an Israeli ground offensive results in the expected carnage and the deaths of thousands of Gazan citizens and noncombatants the Arab world will consider it a war crime and an Arab response should be expected.

In addition US forces have been put on notice to prepare for deployment while the US continues to pressure Israel to back off in the hope that hostages can be released and the needs of the civilian population can first be met.

fishtm2001

I don't know where you get the "blundered into one of the greatest foreign policy disasters in the country’s 250-year history" idea. What people fail to comprehend is that you cannot measure what did not happen. If Bush did what the liberals and critics wanted, we could all be dead now...
You do realize that there are things that are not revealed because that would disclose the ability to learn about them.

I'd rather have a Bush today than a bumbling Biden/Obama/Clinton/Carter any day...
Right, abandoning the search for Bin Laden when Special Forces had him cornered and heading into Iraq was brilliant.

bacha29

And what did it accomplish? You have the same anti western Islamic governments in control of those nations today as you had back then. All you got was a short term military victory thousands of US voluntarily enlisted US servicemen killed and a heavy drain on the US Treasury.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Following the heaviest Israeli bombardment yet King Abdullah of Jordon a US ally plainly warned Israel and the US that if an Israeli ground offensive results in the expected carnage and the deaths of thousands of Gazan citizens and noncombatants the Arab world will consider it a war crime and an Arab response should be expected.

In addition US forces have been put on notice to prepare for deployment while the US continues to pressure Israel to back off in the hope that hostages can be released and the needs of the civilian population can first be met.
I guess we will have the chance to wipe out all the Arabs in the region. Kill em all.

fishtm2001

And what did it accomplish? You have the same anti western Islamic governments in control of those nations today as you had back then. All you got was a short term military victory thousands of US voluntarily enlisted US servicemen killed and a heavy drain on the US Treasury.
not to mention stooping to the level of "the evil doers" ( to quote another GOP POTUS genius) by authorizing torture

MORS HOSTIBUS

The only thing I'm focused on now is to prevent an expanded war but that's the direction it appears headed. Since you're so gung ho about getting into a full scale Mid East war you are perfectly free to volunteer for service in the IDF including service as a gun lugging combat soldier because if Iran, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon etc. decides to get in the game....they're going to need all the help they can get and after the US having been in 3 Mid East wars in the past quarter century Israel might have to go it alone.

Interesting. Will the US have a hands off policy when other allies engage with a counter offensive response.

rickyb

Lol bush was awful but not as bad as trump

And yes invading iraq was a big strategic and moral blunder

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And native Palestinians living in their native land are to continue to live in an open air prison with zero representation and totally subjugated to Israeli control and it's increasingly autocratic prime minister? is that the right thing to do?
Every part of that is a lie.
Who tricked you into believing that stupid crap?

bacha29

Interesting. Will the US have a hands off policy when other allies engage with a counter offensive response.
Nobody really knows. I even took the time to listen to the comments of the neighborhood firebrand Baptist preacher who to his credit admitted it himself that even he has no idea what's going to happen acknowledging that the additional loss of life could be the highest since World War II.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Cheaters win sometimes kiddo.
Welcome to the real world.
If you could provide some real evidence , something that could withstand extreme scrutiny you’d be a bazillionare in about 2 seconds.
Quit crying. He lost Bigly to a man y’all call senile and incompetent. I know you had hats and flags and boat parades but he got his ass kicked . Cofeve!