Palestinian-Israel Conflict (War?)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
US having been in 3 Mid East wars in the past quarter century
Afghanistan isn't the Middle East. Crack a book.
Notice something. I didn't say Afghanistan.
Name the three.
Lebanon , (Reagan), Kuwait, (Big Bush), Afghanistan (Mini Bush) and still part of the Muslim world.
Just admit your mistake, apologize to vantexan, and move on.

Are you capable of that?

Go ahead buddy.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It would appear that some on here think that Israel can just go into Gaza and indiscriminately slaughter any Gazan resident who just happens to get in the way.
You think the Palestinian animals can just go into Israel and indiscriminately slaughter rape and kidnap any Israeli resident who happens to get in the way, with no consequences.

Doesn't work that way buddy.

bacha29

There's no comparison between Lebanon and Korea. And apparently anyone who knows more than you on a subject is a self appointed expert. Crack a book.
Both were "police actions" and both resulted in combat deaths. And to go along with your militant stance in defense of Israel.....US KIA Afghanistan.....2175....US KIA Iraq....4475 along with more than 50,000 wounded. That's a lot to lose in an all volunteer force in a nation whose birth rate is the lowest in recent years and recruitment numbers continue to fall short of full manpower requirements . And what did it get us? Neither one has ever been receptive to a western style democratic government.
Perhaps now you see why when it comes to defending Israel the US level of military support might not be at the levels one might expect especially how you are always hollering about government spending .

bacha29

You think the Palestinian animals can just go into Israel and indiscriminately slaughter rape and kidnap any Israeli resident who happens to get in the way, with no consequences.

Doesn't work that way buddy.
Nobody including me condones the action of Hamas. At the same time a full and compete intelligence failure on the part of Israel resulted in losses that could have been prevented especially when Hamas was conducting military training exercises in full view of the IDF.

bacha29

Millions of Palestinians condone the actions of Hamas.

So it's the Jews own fault they were killed.
Your party's marxist roots are showing.
Never said that it was the Jews fault that they were killed. I said that one of the most egregious intelligence failures ever cost Israeli lives. A investigation certain to follow will provide you with your answers.

vantexan

Both were "police actions" and both resulted in combat deaths. And to go along with your militant stance in defense of Israel.....US KIA Afghanistan.....2175....US KIA Iraq....4475 along with more than 50,000 wounded. That's a lot to lose in an all volunteer force in a nation whose birth rate is the lowest in recent years and recruitment numbers continue to fall short of full manpower requirements . And what did it get us? Neither one has ever been receptive to a western style democratic government.
Perhaps now you see why when it comes to defending Israel the US level of military support might not be at the levels one might expect especially how you are always hollering about government spending .
Who said I'm in favor of those wars? The 241 who died in Lebanon were due to a bomb, not combat. There's no comparison that's proportional with Korea.

You're the spender in chief. Certainly you support the defense contractors making profits so that they keep supporting your party, right?

We support Israel because it's the right thing to do. Go count your beans. And crack a book.

rickyb

You're just trying to get out of supporting Israel and keep the crazies of your party happy. We've had a long standing security relationship with Israel. They were attacked and we're standing by them as we should. And if that means other countries attack us we'll deal with it.
dude if israel is attacked because israel is being the aggressor that doesnt mean you should defend them lol

its anti christian

vantexan

dude if israel is attacked because israel is being the aggressor that doesnt mean you should defend them lol

its anti christian
If the Palestinians want to take their chances carrying out military missions vs the Israeli Army that's one thing. Committing savage acts against non combatants is quite another. Most of the people in Israel were born there. They have the right to live there. No different than you not leaving Canada even though your ancestors forced the Native Americans off their land. Do you support Native Americans attacking other races in Canada? If not then why not? And if they do are you ok with them doing it in the most brutal fashion possible? Don't be a hypocrite. The Left fights for Palestinian rights in the U.S. and I don't see them offering to return to Europe or Asia or Africa. I was born in Florida, U.S.A. I'm a native. No more so than an Israeli born in Jerusalem is a native of that country and has the right to be there.

Next Day Err

Who said I'm in favor of those wars? The 241 who died in Lebanon were due to a bomb, not combat. There's no comparison that's proportional with Korea.

You're the spender in chief. Certainly you support the defense contractors making profits so that they keep supporting your party, right?

We support Israel because it's the right thing to do. Go count your beans. And crack a book.
It’s one thing for Hamas to attack the IDF. Entirely another thing for Hamas to target and attack innocent civilians.

Not as long as the US keeps them supplied militarily and the US taxpayers will continue to foot the bill
that's literally what I said but what makes you think that's going to stop anytime soon, AIPAC is the most powerful superPAC in the country and jews make up a majority of cabinet positions

Think that can't happen?
sure can, but what they can't do is physically evict Israel
Israel is considered to have a global intelligence gathering and surveillance network that is second to none other in the world. Yet it didn't have a solitary clue that Hamas was going to do a breakout.
wanna know a secret about their amazing Intel network? it's just turncoat jews in the target countries; no turncoat jews = no intel

it's not magic

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
Spot on . It would appear that some on here think that Israel can just go into Gaza and indiscriminately slaughter any Gazan resident who just happens to get in the way.
What's interesting is how Israel is ordering all the residents of Northern Gaza to evacuate south. Now when this is all over will the residents of Northern Gaza be allowed to return. or will it become the home base for a new Israeli settlement once the rubble from the Gazan residents homes gets bulldozed out of the way and the site is cleared?
Who gives a :censored2:. Let them go live in Iran!

bacha29

So what you're saying is that because is was an explosive device delivered by a truck rather than an airplane it was NOT combat?
"We support Israel because it's the right thing to do".
And native Palestinians living in their native land are to continue to live in an open air prison with zero representation and totally subjugated to Israeli control and it's increasingly autocratic prime minister? is that the right thing to do?

What's interesting is that as a self proclaimed expert on Middle Eastern history you conveniently failed to mention little Johnny Pollard the US intelligence officer who Israel that so called staunch US ally successfully recruited to spy on the US and happily did so in exchange for a nice sum of cold hard cash.

Israel using it's own espionage network willingly sought out and obtained classified US intelligence information.

Is that the right thing to do as well?

My support for Israel is not based on an alliance of religions but rather on the basis of the US government's diplomatic relationship with Israel which continues to become more strained everyday due to it's continued demand for US support for whatever self serving initiative it decides to take.

rickyb

If the Palestinians want to take their chances carrying out military missions vs the Israeli Army that's one thing. Committing savage acts against non combatants is quite another. Most of the people in Israel were born there. They have the right to live there. No different than you not leaving Canada even though your ancestors forced the Native Americans off their land. Do you support Native Americans attacking other races in Canada? If not then why not? And if they do are you ok with them doing it in the most brutal fashion possible? Don't be a hypocrite. The Left fights for Palestinian rights in the U.S. and I don't see them offering to return to Europe or Asia or Africa. I was born in Florida, U.S.A. I'm a native. No more so than an Israeli born in Jerusalem is a native of that country and has the right to be there.
I support justice for natives the same way i support justice for palestinians. theyre both treated badly. natives had a right to fight back and it would be interesting to hear if they still do.

Israelis have killed hundreds of times more innocents than palestine has. im against killing civilians

Palestinian land theft is still ongoing and theyve lost alot last 100 years. the concentration camp in gaza is the worlds largest ever.

fishtm2001

Remember, after 9/11 we faced a momentous choice: should we engage in a narrowly targeted attack to get Bin Laden and al-Qaeda or attempt much more expansive wars of regime change?

Bush made the latter choice — and blundered into one of the greatest foreign policy disasters in the country’s 250-year history. Hopefully Israel doesn't make the same mistake.