Palestinian-Israel Conflict (War?)

vantexan

House Republicans are conditioning aid to Israel in exchange for their wealthy donors not needing to pay taxes. This is wrong on so many fronts. We shouldnt condition aid in efforts to help the wealthy skirt their tax obligations.
They hired 87,000 new agents. Just how many agents do you need to audit a relative handful of people? How were they managing before? The IRS is still getting most of the money earmarked for them. What the Republicans are saying is we have to cut expenses where we can, and it's not just the IRS. With $33 trillion in debt they have to be responsible, not build giant bureaucracies.

newolddude

They hired 87,000 new agents. Just how many agents do you need to audit a relative handful of people? How were they managing before? The IRS is still getting most of the money earmarked for them. What the Republicans are saying is we have to cut expenses where we can, and it's not just the IRS. With $33 trillion in debt they have to be responsible, not build giant bureaucracies.
But the fact that this was their first act is a bad play. Defunding the IRS could have waited and should not have been tied to Israeli aid.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1698780313299.png

vantexan

Okay..."giving them less". (Not sure why you're saying "gave" as it's not a done deal yet.)

But it could have waited. Is it that urgent a matter to tie to aid to Israel?
Where and when do we start? No time like the present. Politically it's a brilliant move. Can demonstrate just how much Democrats stand behind Israel. We need to stop writing blank checks to everyone and start robbing Peter to pay Paul with money that's already been earmarked.

Do you have kids? Grandkids? Nephews and nieces? Don't know about you but I'll likely be gone in 20 years. It's not about me. If we're going to leave them a viable country we need to start making hard decisions. We're paying almost $900 billion in interest alone this year to service our debt. That will only increase if we keep adding to the debt. We were paying a little over a third of that before interest rates surged. At some point the government will collapse if we continue the high deficit spending. Unfortunately some have to find out the hard way. The rest of us would prefer not to.

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
Where and when do we start? No time like the present. Politically it's a brilliant move. Can demonstrate just how much Democrats stand behind Israel. We need to stop writing blank checks to everyone and start robbing Peter to pay Paul with money that's already been earmarked.

Do you have kids? Grandkids? Nephews and nieces? Don't know about you but I'll likely be gone in 20 years. It's not about me. If we're going to leave them a viable country we need to start making hard decisions. We're paying almost $900 billion in interest alone this year to service our debt. That will only increase if we keep adding to the debt. We were paying a little over a third of that before interest rates surged. At some point the government will collapse if we continue the high deficit spending. Unfortunately some have to find out the hard way. The rest of us would prefer not to.
“At some point our government will collapse”. That’s their plan.

newolddude

I’m not going to answer those personal questions.

I’d like to not give more money to the rich and corporations by handing them gifts and that’s what this IRS trim does.

Find the money elsewhere. Not handing Republican donors favors.

rickyb

The only racist thing he did was shut down the border to keep terrorists out of the country. Our country was far safer under him than the clown we have in office now
what makes you think terrorists who are not in government are a big deal?

racism is quite often terrorism, blacks and natives have been terrorized in america for hundreds of years.

RangerMan06

what makes you think terrorists who are not in government are a big deal?

racism is quite often terrorism, blacks and natives have been terrorized in america for hundreds of years.
Terrorist want to kill innocent people.

Very little racism in America. There's not a job in this country or a school you can't go to because of the color of your skin.

Brownisbrown

UPS EMPLOYEE
Its pretty interesting how the israel hamas issue split up both sides of the US. On the left/right you got organizations wholeheartedly supporting israel on one side and hamas on the other. Honestly I didnt know there was that much support for Hamas in the US but i wonder what will be the long term implications from this.