Palestinian-Israel Conflict (War?)

Next Day Err

Why the switch?
I started thinking about the world in a different way. It's a complicated game of chess. We can't "win" if we bring all our units back home.

Let's say we back out of intervention in the world. Who will fill the vacuum of power? Who will take advantage of the influence that it will bring? The initial chaos alone would have extremely high costs to our way of life in very tangible ways to Americans' lives. Then after the dust settles the new dominant power would have favorable treatment that we enjoy today.

I just really believe it's not as easy as throwing up our hands and retreating from the world and maintaining our influence that pays so many dividends for us.

rickyb

I started thinking about the world in a different way. It's a complicated game of chess. We can't "win" if we bring all our units back home.

Let's say we back out of intervention in the world. Who will fill the vacuum of power? Who will take advantage of the influence that it will bring? The initial chaos alone would have extremely high costs to our way of life in very tangible ways to Americans' lives. Then after the dust settles the new dominant power would have favorable treatment that we enjoy today.

I just really believe it's not as easy as throwing up our hands and retreating from the world and maintaining our influence that pays so many dividends for us.
why dont you look up what noam chomsky says

how about no empires. the world was dominated by european empires for centuries until the american empire. they too thought they were doing good.

Next Day Err

why dont you look up what noam chomsky says

how about no empires. the world was dominated by european empires for centuries until the american empire. they too thought they were doing good.
I’ve listened to a few Chomsky books. I see where he’s coming from about American imperialism. The critique I don’t see from him is what happens to world peace and prosperity in the absence of American/Western order. What happens when China just steps into the space we vacated? Seriously. I never hear him address this.

Thebrownblob

I’ve listened to a few Chomsky books. I see where he’s coming from about American imperialism. The critique I don’t see from him is what happens to world peace and prosperity in the absence of American/Western order. What happens when China just steps into the space we vacated? Seriously. I never hear him address this.
World peace? When has that ever happened?