Palestinian-Israel Conflict (War?)

rickyb

Ok. They agree to all that. You still think they don’t continue to be attacked? Palestine/Hamas want them off the face of the earth.
not what i heard. i can understand them being angry and under intl law they have a right to violently resist israeli occupation

that means israeli non civilians are fair game

tourists24

not what i heard. i can understand them being angry and under intl law they have a right to violently resist israeli occupation

that means israeli non civilians are fair game
But you can’t understand Israel retaliating when they are attacked? This very thinking is the exact reason the war will continue. They’re not just going to roll over and die. To Hamas/Palestine there can only be a one state solution. Til you can offer a true way for both peoples to exist the fighting will go on. Exactly why a two state solution will never work til BOTH sides agree.

tourists24

Israel’s total population is around 9.5 million. Of that number,169,500 are active duty military personnel and 465,000 are reserve personnel.

How many civilians are in Israel?
Not to mention all militant Hamas fighters are fair game also. Problem is they intermingle and shield themselves amongst civilians. Pretty convenient in war time

rickyb

But you can’t understand Israel retaliating when they are attacked? This very thinking is the exact reason the war will continue. They’re not just going to roll over and die. To Hamas/Palestine there can only be a one state solution. Til you can offer a true way for both peoples to exist the fighting will go on. Exactly why a two state solution will never work til BOTH sides agree.
im pretty sure thats not what i heard. actually israel has no right to attack within gaza period because it occupies gaza. israel had a right to defend itself from teh attackers within its borders on oct 7, nothing more.

check out chris hedges, and norm finkelstein

rickyb

Israel’s total population is around 9.5 million. Of that number,169,500 are active duty military personnel and 465,000 are reserve personnel.

doesnt matter you dont attack civilians and you dont attack people within a territory you occupy.

tourists24

im pretty sure thats not what i heard. actually israel has no right to attack within gaza period because it occupies gaza. israel had a right to defend itself from teh attackers within its borders on oct 7, nothing more.

Nope. Hamas attacked Israel which means war; thus then decided to go wherever Hamas is. Not sure why you think you get to write the war rule that you have to stay in your own land. You make think Hamas has the right to attack at will but the opposition will act accordingly the way they see fit. You picked your side. Welcome to war

rickyb

Nope. Hamas attacked Israel which means war; thus then decided to go wherever Hamas is. Not sure why you think you get to write the war rule that you have to stay in your own land. You make think Hamas has the right to attack at will but the opposition will act accordingly the way they see fit. You picked your side. Welcome to war
this is called international law. everything i said is that.

israel is violating international law.

rickyb

So was October 7. Now Israel says we’re going in. International law only matters if everyone partakes. Like I said, welcome to war
no only parts of oct 7 was in violation, like killing civilians.

no intl law likely always matters. it doesnt go out the window when some countries break it like US and israel

Box Ox

israeli non civilians are fair game

doesnt matter you dont attack civilians and you dont attack people within a territory you occupy.

You think it doesn’t matter because you believe they’re all fair game. You want Israel wiped out. And so do the people you think Israel should be negotiating with right now.

rickyb

You think it doesn’t matter because you believe they’re all fair game. You want Israel wiped out. And so do the people you think Israel should be negotiating with right now.
i dont think that and meanwhile israel is actually doing that and i dont hear a mumblin word from you!

tourists24

no only parts of oct 7 was in violation, like killing civilians.
Only parts is still a violation. If international law matters it shouldn’t be ok since only partly occurred. But then again good luck when a country is hit and then decides to come after you. Hamas made its bed, now better be ready to take it.

tourists24

He thinks there is a way for a two state solution that will make peace. This has been tried for centuries without success. It’s one thing to truly want a two state solution; but you need to also want peace for both sides. People like him have chosen sides so has a very one sided solution

Box Ox

israeli non civilians are fair game

i dont think that

Come on now. Just say it. You’re in Canada. Trudeau might even give you a medal for it.

vantexan

Is Gaza an independent country? When do the Palestinians not attack civilians?