Part-time Driver's Helper/Part-time Package Car Driver Jobs "On Topic"

Box Ox

I am very glad because I believe it would have been a very poor negotiation strategy and it also would not have been addressing concerns expressed by the membership.

What would have been wrong with addressing excessive overtime using the addition of full-rate full time drivers?

PT Car Washer

With no protection for the 22.4 drivers ., O O can't in good faith vote for this.
Art 22.4 jobs could just be a revolving door. Just like starting PT or starting FT drivers. They have the potential to make top rate but very few actually will. The only job security will be for the driver trainers.

Box Ox

Art 22.4 jobs could just be a revolving door. Just like starting PT or starting FT drivers. They have the potential to make top rate but very few actually will. The only job security will be for the driver trainers.

Yep. The Company's gonna be shoving excessive work so far up their unprotected bungholes they'll beg to be fired before the Company has to pay them anything.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Because there is no way to spin it. So they refuse to even acknowledge the question or the obvious remedy was never asked or suggested!

Tony Q

With no protection for the 22.4 drivers ., O O can't in good faith vote for this.
I respect that mentality. Your conscience is to look out for others, so in good faith you can't support the contract. That was easy and I respect that.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Because there is no denying that the company has failed to staff at adequate levels to ensure the work gets done, you are glad the union allowed this fact to be used by the company as a bargaining chip to get concessions from labor?

ARE YOU FOR :censored2:ING REAL?!?!?
Yes, I am for real. Sort of.

When an ongoing problem exists it is often at Union Contract Negotiations where these very problems are addressed, in many if not most cases it is unavoidable.

It is obvious that the Union is trying to see it (understaffing) addressed to the benefit of and in light of concerns expressed by the membership.

Union and Company strife is a historical fact of life for unionism. It is not exact and many self centered, ignorant people try to over simplify and criticize.

Tony Q

Lookie there, TonyQ and Integrity back to back. Where's Chester and Baker been?

All the King's horses and all the King's men...................................
You are very angry. You are also acting a fool. I understand, respectfully, but it's still rather funny to watch!

Integrity

Binge Poster
How does this lack of protection directly effect you?

22.4 is a lesser class of job but it is full-time but not of the RPCD Class and they are to be new jobs.

Lack of protection in my mind means the will be forced to take the OT that the RPCD's don't want and they should, that will be their job, one of the reasons for the proposed creation of the class.

Offer from top force from below, that is life.

Box Ox

22.4 is a lesser class of job but it is full-time but not of the RPCD Class and they are to be new jobs.

Lack of protection in my mind means the will be forced to take the OT that the RPCD's don't want and they should, that will be their job, one of the reasons for the proposed creation of the class.

Do we need a lesser class of full timer? The answer is no. This is only to cut costs and split the Union.

But you and the others will still try to push that angle as much as you can between now and the strike, hoping some folks who visit BC will fall for it.

Do we not work at the same place.?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
What would have been wrong with addressing excessive overtime using the addition of full-rate full time drivers?
It is almost comical watching them try not to step into the cow pie that answering this is!
You are very angry. You are also acting a fool. I understand, respectfully, but it's still rather funny to watch!

Because 1/2 the insults tossed at you go sailing right over your cubicle.....err mean head!

km3

Are you kidding me? It doesn't affect us, therefore we shouldn't care? That is an awful attitude. In general. Make no mistake, Article 22.4s without protections now lay the groundwork for the company to remove protections from others as desired later.

usma0084.jpg

Box Ox

I understand. I would still read the new contract whenever it ever comes out in its entirety before you vote.

Sorry, boss. The goodies aren't coming for anybody except the strong locals/regions that manage to get something slipped into their supplements. There's no way you can polish this turd.