Part-time Driver's Helper/Part-time Package Car Driver Jobs "On Topic"

Integrity

Binge Poster
Sorry, boss. The goodies aren't coming for anybody except the strong locals/regions that manage to get something slipped into their supplements. There's no way you can polish this turd.
Might future UPSers say 2018 was the year full timers sold full timers out 36 years from now if the Contract passes in its current form?
I guess anything is possible. I try not to project into the future what others might do.

km3

Does this issue affect you directly or are you just a crusader for the cause of 22.4 protections?

As I said, it's about solidarity and corruption amongst Teamster leadership. It doesn't directly affect me, but it may indirectly affect me depending on how jobs get reclassified and rebid once Article 22.4 starts up.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So you think I should only vote based on what's beneficial to me, like @Integrity said? This isn't just about solidarity with people that wouldn't think twice about selling me out, like you said. It's also about the corruption that is clearly rampant amongst Teamster "leadership."
Those are strong accusations you are making.

No man is perfect there is good and bad in every heart.

My experience when dealing with union officials has been positive.

Integrity

Binge Poster
didn't the generation before us let part timers in in the first place?
I am all for more full time opportunity for part timers.

I also have no problem for the full time opportunity to be lesser than that of a RPCD. With a lesser rate and doing the work and working the days that are not as favorable as a RPCD.

Box Ox

I also have no problem for the full time opportunity to be lesser than that of a RPCD. With a lesser rate and doing the work and working the days that are not as favorable as a RPCD.

Why would a Company not pay at least the same hourly rate for work and days of work that are less desirable, if you're being intellectually honest?

I think the answer includes reasons that you and the other Company salesmen do not want to admit.

The Driver

I drive.
Does this directly effect you or is it just a principle/conscience based thing with you?

How about this; quit asking us if it "directly" effects us. This is a union. We ought to be looking out for each other, not just ourselves. We wouldn't need or want a union if we were only concerned with our own situations.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Possibly. In 1982 I never would have believed PT wages would go from $8/hr to $10/hr in 2018. And we lost the extra $1/hr preload pay.
Real talk but I knew the pay was complete BS when I got the job but a certain proximity to a certain local college made the building a good choice: classes are literally a 10 minute walk away.
This was not true for the *ballpark estimate* 100s of people that quit PT immediately, or during/after peak, or immediately after failing a driver bid with just 4 months in seniority. Even at $15 now they still can't keep very many people after a month or two, and the people that stay are safer, slower than the old crop.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The real winner combo would be preload/helper language for peak and summer seasons. Current language is BS with split overtime and the seasonal pool being used earlier than the inside pool. Should have you hop on straight from the preload with a full uniform and a diad and hop off back at the building rather than this BS where you have to schedule to meet the driver on route, have half a uniform and a malfunctioning cellphone/diad thing and then end your day in some Kohls parking lot.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I am all for more full time opportunity for part timers.

tumblr_o7fuiyzWJk1qe25dno1_500.jpg

Superteeth2478

The 22.4 will a lesser job. It is not so much the work but the position.

It is a Full Time Combination Driver. Created to advance the position and opportunity of part-timers and in doing so assist the Premier workers of the Co the RPCD.

Everyone in life must pay their dues, one way or another. Generally speaking; here the job/classification obviously is being negotiated to handle the days and hours that the RPCD don't want.

It will be a lesser job(no offense meant, life is life). Lesser jobs get less money, less perks and privileges and in the case of collective bargaining, usually lesser protections of said perks and privileges.

On the bright side it appears to limit opportunity to the highly esteemed RPCD jobs to members which may speed up the process of obtaining one of the coveted RPCD positions and the pay, perks and privileges in accordance with the position.

Existing and former RPCD deserve to be highly esteemed.

The position deserves to have pay, perks, privilege to reflect this esteem for what they do and have done for the organization.
So Integrity, who everyone who's been here for a while knows sounds like a company shill at least half the time, is acknowledging that the 22.4 position is a "lesser job". And yet the union isn't going to call it what it is and admit that it is a lower-class of package car drivers. The union has been complicit in the screwing of part-timers all these years ever since the pay rates for full-timers and part-timers diverged so long ago, and now part-timers who are blindly going to accept these 22.4 positions are getting the final "friend you" when they finally become full-time and get reamed day in and day out without 9.5 protection. Unbelievable.