Pension Security

Meat

Not wanting to give Old Fart a heart attack, but I'm about to say something very positive. As you know, we were placed in the Portable Pension Plan in 2008. For many older couriers it won't replace what they lost not getting a full traditional plan.

BUT, if you're starting out in your twenties, the new pay plan will have you topped out in your thirties. That gives you a lot of years at better pay to fund your 401k. That plus your portable pension plan will give you even more than the traditional pension did, assuming you contribute enough weekly for a long time

How much should they contribute, in your opinion?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Do you get on the USPS forums and discuss their job? How bout finding a Teamster forum and worry about how the guys at Averett are getting done by their management?

Because I don't worry about things that don't affect me, you consider that living with my head in the sand? Maybe you are just a person that likes to stick their nose in other people's business. That is another way of looking at it. Do you go door to door in your neighborhood discussing your neighbor's problems? I concentrate my time and thoughts on matters that pertain to me and my family, I guess you consider that having my head in the sand.
Lol. You'd be surprised at how little I DON'T concern myself with in relation to other people's business.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So you're saying that posting on this forum has made your personal and professional life markedly better, and OF is missing out by not getting in on the complaining?
Wow! You got all that from what I said? Interesting. I'm saying I've met some great people on here, and an a--hole or two.

Oldfart

Lol. You'd be surprised at how little I DON'T concern myself with in relation to other people's business.
You stated I live in the sand because I don't get involved in other companies employees discussions, NOW you say YOU don't concern yourself in other people's business, yet you brag how you go to the UPS forum.

That is funny I don't care who you are.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You stated I live in the sand because I don't get involved in other companies employees discussions, NOW you say YOU don't concern yourself in other people's business, yet you brag how you go to the UPS forum.

That is funny I don't care who you are.
Lol. Brag?? Funny. Being interested in how a competing company runs isn't necessarily being in other people's business, ya know...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Usually nosy people always deny being nosy, yet they stay abreast with what is going on in others lives or company affairs. Kinda like YOU.
i have no problem admitting to being nosy when it comes to company affairs. It's in my best interest as far as FedEx goes. As far as UPS goes, I consider it curiosity.

Oldfart

i have no problem admitting to being nosy when it comes to company affairs. It's in my best interest as far as FedEx goes. As far as UPS goes, I consider it curiosity.
Curiosity or nosy? People that are nosy always find a way to justify their trait by calling it curiosity.

Learning all you can about your employer is indeed a necessity. Sticking your nose in other companies affairs just seems odd. What do you know about General Motors? Wal-mart. Starbucks.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Curiosity or nosy? People that are nosy always find a way to justify their trait by calling it curiosity.

Learning all you can about your employer is indeed a necessity. Sticking your nose in other companies affairs just seems odd. What do you know about General Motors? Wal-mart. Starbucks.
I know nothing about those companies. Don't care to know anything because they have nothing in common with delivery companies.

Don't bother responding, I'm putting you and your butt buddy Meat on ignore. Your ugliness is draining. Toodles.

vantexan

I know nothing about those companies. Don't care to know anything because they have nothing in common with delivery companies.

Don't bother responding, I'm putting you and your butt buddy Meat on ignore. Your ugliness is draining. Toodles.
I know I get into it with him too much and mess up threads but this is the kind of stuff that goes on. Guess it's a testosterone thing, just can't put on ignore and walk away.