Photo of the day

texan

Lamborghini: The Urus, just unveiled at the Beijing Auto Show, is a 600 horsepower "crossover" with huge 24-inch
wheels and a 600 horsepower engine. Like most of Lamborghini's cars, the Urus has full-time all-wheel-drive
with a focus on on-road performance.
lamboghini-front.jpg

texan

A prize-winning light bulb that lasts for 20 years is going on sale in the US on Sunday - also known as Earth Day.
It cost 60 dollars. The bulb triumphed in the Bright Tomorrow competition run by the US Department
of Energy that aimed to find an energy efficient alternative to the 60-watt incandescent light bulb.

_59772420_philipsledbulb.jpg

menotyou

bella amicizia
A prize-winning light bulb that lasts for 20 years is going on sale in the US on Sunday - also known as Earth Day.
It cost 60 dollars. The bulb triumphed in the Bright Tomorrow competition run by the US Department
of Energy that aimed to find an energy efficient alternative to the 60-watt incandescent light bulb.

60 dollars? Really? Uhmmm, no thanks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is a poll on this light bulb in the Brown Cafe Polls forum.

I saw the display for those bulbs just yesterday at Lowe's. I think they'll go over like poop in a punchbowl in a farming based community like mine. It was hard enough to get folks to switch over to fluorescents.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
He has some nice galleries on his site....I liked the water/sea birds.

He is a naturalist first and a photographer second and uses any excuse to get out in nature.

His son is around 13 years old and is already an accomplished, award winning photographer and has co-authored two books.

This is his son's horse who is a blue-ribbon competition rider.

DS

Fenderbender
Another fantastic photo hoax,it looks like the cat is whispering to the horse,
"If I snap the latch on this gate,we could get outta here"

Necropostophiliac

Claude, the 15-pound Tasmanian giant crab, was caught by the right man. According to The (U.K.) Daily Mail,
the colossal crustacean was found by an Australian fisherman who decided to sell Claude
to a British aquarium instead of a fine seafood restaurant.
crab.jpg