Photo of the day

texan

An aerial art show pulled thousands of Washingtonians out of their offices, vehicles and homes Tuesday morning as
NASA’s space shuttle Discovery blew into town atop a modified 747, the battered space veteran taking a final victory
jaunt before landing at Dulles International Airport just after 11 a.m. It is now retired and going to a museum.

_59709714_59709713.jpg

An aerial art show pulled thousands of Washingtonians out of their offices, vehicles and homes Tuesday morning as
NASA’s space shuttle Discovery blew into town atop a modified 747, the battered space veteran taking a final victory
jaunt before landing at Dulles International Airport just after 11 a.m. It is now retired and going to a museum.

_59709714_59709713.jpg

I highly recommend both Smithsonian Air and Space museums. The national mall site has lots of classic history making planes and the Udvar-Hazy near Dulles is large enough for everything under the sun from the space shuttle to the Enola Gay to a SR71 Blackbird. And they're FREE!

texan

How many Tuna cans would that make? Technicality keeps 427-pound yellowfin tuna catch out of record book.

In saltwater fishing's version of baseball's infamous pine tar incident, an angler who reeled in a world-record
yellowfin tuna had his home-run catch called back -- because a deckhand touched his fishing pole as he fought
the mighty fish. Robert Pedigo hooked the 427.9-pound fish last Thursday and fought it for a half-hour before
bringing it aboard the "Journeyman." But everyone on board agreed that Danny Osuna, a local captain working
that day as a deckhand, blew the record by touching Pedigo's pole during the battle between man and beast off
the coast of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The rules say an angler can't have any help pulling in a
fish if he or she wants to make history.

468_BigFish.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just bought 10 cans today (10 for $10) white albacore packed in H20. I can't even imagine how many cans he could fill!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

_59709714_59709713.jpg

Flew right over my route yesterday, pretty cool. Udvar-Hazy is about 10 minutes from my house so we'll check out the exhibit as soon as the crowds die down.

texan

Winnie Hook 106, and George Quilici 107, two of the four last know surviors of San Francisco's great earthquake and fire of 1906, await to participate in the annual parade and dinner.
_59714921_59714920.jpg

texan

Workers begin painting the roof of Seattle's Space Needle back to its original Galaxy Gold.
This is in preparation of the 50th anniversary of the Needle and the Seattle Center.
_59716126_59716125.jpg

rod

Retired 23 years
Winnie Hook 106, and George Quilici 107, two of the four last know surviors of San Francisco's great earthquake and fire of 1906, await to participate in the annual parade and dinner.
_59714921_59714920.jpg

Good Lord----what a stupid looking hat-----and why is she feeling up that nice little old lady?

moreluck

golden ticket member
You should've paid more attention at the Prince William & Kate wedding. All the lady guests had ridiculous creations on their heads.