Photo of the day

texan

Garnet Lake, California
Late summer thunderheads build above Garnet Lake
garnet-lake-essick_59620_990x742.jpg

texan

The San Francisco Giants celebrate after the final out in Game 7 of baseball's National League championship series
against the St. Louis Cardinals on Monday night.
pb-121022-giants-02_photoblog900.jpg

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Let us not forget those in harms way.
No politics, I just covet heartfelt prayers for our military and wisdom from above for our country's
leadership for all we are currently involved in.

U.S. Army soldier Spc. Katie Luna of 572nd Military Intelligence Company, 8th Squadron, 1st Cavalry
Regiment, cries while paying respects during a memorial service for platoon member, late Spc. Brittany Gordon
at Camp Nathan Smith in Kandahar province, southern Afghanistan, Oct. 19, 2012.

Gordon was killed last Saturday along with a U.S. civilian and two others, after an Afghan police officer
detonated a suicide vest he was wearing, a military officer said.
pb-121019-kandahar-respects-b-515p_photoblog900.jpg

How can I "like"this and I am out of REP.
Please hit Texan for me...several times.

And how can our POS president allow another important day...milestone...remain unmentioned?
The MURDER of our soldiers on the day considered our first taste of TERROR in Beirut, Lebanon in 1983.

texan

Beach goers watch waves generated by Hurricane Sandy along a breezy Coligny Beach Park on
Hilton Head Island, S.C., Saturday morning, Oct. 27, 2012.
aaAP979625565630_980x551.jpg

texan

This image released by the New England Aquarium shows a one-pound female lobster, known as a "split," that was
caught by a Massachusetts fisherman last week and arrived at the aquarium in Boston, Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2012.
Officials say such rare coloration is estimated to occur once in every 50 million lobsters.
pb-121031-halloweenLobster-9p_photoblog900.jpg

texan

Ryan Nelsen, right, and Fields Harrington, in white shirt, ride a tandem bicycle to generate power to cellphones on
Avenue C in the East Village, New York, Nov. 1, 2012. East Village, an area of Manhattan, is without electrical power
because of Superstorm Sandy.
pb-121101-tandem-generator-kb-3p_photoblog900.jpg