Photo of the day

texan

Base jumper Anton Chervyakov from Russia leaps from the top of the 421 meter / 1381 foot Kuala Lumpur Tower in
Malaysia.
_63147777_hi016092685.jpg

texan

Men work in a mountain of soybeans stocked in the city of Sorriso, Brazil. Early planting and a lot of rain
has produced a bumper crop this year.
_63176207_hi016101173.jpg

texan

The cargo ship BSLE Sunrise lies stranded close to the shore in Valencia after a heavy rainstorm, Sept. 29.
Two cargo ships, Celia and the BSLE Sunrise, which were anchored in front of the Valencia port were stranded
by heavy rainstorms on Friday night. According to local media, eight people died due to the storm which hit
south-eastern Spain.
pb-120929-ship-cannon_photoblog900.jpg

texan

Wyoming resident Jonmikel Pardo took this spectacular photograph of a double rainbow
on Sep. 1. from his backyard in Lander, Wyo.
double-rainbow.jpg

DS

Fenderbender
This pic is nowhere near some of those amazing ones Tex posts.
Has anyone seen a tv show called bomb girls? It revolves around
women in WW2 working in a bomb factory.They film it in my area.
I took this today from next door.I got hell a few days ago almost driving
through the set while they were filming a factory picnic lunch.Please kill your engine!!!
So I did.Our mikes are sensitive to diesel engines he says.
They have some cool old cars there,I should take pics of them too.

IMG_20121001_094248.jpg

texan

The moon rises behind the skyline of New York's Lower Manhattan and One World Trade Center as people stand
along the Hudson River in Jersey City, N.J. on Oct. 1, 2012.
pb-121001-nyc-moon-7p_photoblog900.jpg

texan

A hiker walks along a narrow ridge toward the top of the Ful mountain, 7,857 feet above sea level, above
Calfreisen, Swiss canton of Grisons, Switzerland, Oct. 2.
pb-121002-switzerland-jsa-946a_photoblog900.jpg

upsoldtimer

The one thing I fear with a private enterprise would be whether their priority is safety or profit. With a government agency this is not an issue as you know for certain that they will lose money on whatever project they are working on.

Oh really? Tell that to the surviving family members of the space shuttle Challenger disaster....

texan

Lightning near Guymon, Oklahoma
Most storms move fast.
This one crept over a farming community for more than an hour, bristling with electricity.
"No two storms are the same," says James LaDue, a meteorologist at the National Weather Service.
"No two skies are either."
lightning-oklahoma-dobrowner_59622_990x742.jpg

upsoldtimer

No one ever said space travel was 100% safe.

My point was a govt agency will not sacrifice safety for profit.
Nice try... The Challenger disaster was avoidable. The engineers for Morton Thiokol, manufacturer of the solid rocket boosters, recommended against the launch due to the O rings not being designed for temperatures that cold on launch morning. Their opinion was overridden so that NASA could save face on the shuttle program which had been experiencing other public affairs issues....

texan

A Marine honor guard carries the casket containing the remains of seven Marines
killed in World War II.
Partial remains from all seven were buried in a single casket as a tribute to the group.
pb-121004-arlington-burial-mn-03_photoblog900.jpg

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
A Marine honor guard carries the casket containing the remains of seven Marines
killed in World War II.
Partial remains from all seven were buried in a single casket as a tribute to the group.
pb-121004-arlington-burial-mn-03_photoblog900.jpg

Hey...I don't have any rep available to send Texan for this touching photo!!
Please.
Someone hit him for me.

And

Let me make this clear.
We only seconds away from Brian Williams(NBC) or Shepard Smith (Fox) announcing the last remaining WWII Vet passed away.
(Seconds away as in it will happen sooner than you expect it to occur.)

This PHOTO should should be on the frontpage, the first story, the MOST important news of the day.
This is what it means to be an AMERICAN.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey...I don't have any rep available to send Texan for this touching photo!!
Please.
Someone hit him for me.

And

Let me make this clear.
We only seconds away from Brian Williams(NBC) or Shepard Smith (Fox) announcing the last remaining WWII Vet passed away.
(Seconds away as in it will happen sooner than you expect it to occur.)

This PHOTO should should be on the frontpage, the first story, the MOST important news of the day.
This is what it means to be an AMERICAN.

Got it