Photo of the day

S

serenity now

sir yes sir.jpg

what i see, is a center manager with an on-road berating a 30 year driver that forgot to scan an info notice at a residential stop (even though he has left the package in that exact location for years)
sir yes sir.jpg

texan

Sam Favret of France skis on the wide face of Cirque de Fond Blanc during the 5th Linecatcher
at the Les Arcs ski resort, French Alps.
skier_2455307k_zps3facf649.jpg

texan

Castle Howard, North Yorkshire, England a sunrise picture revealing the lake is almost frozen solid, 18 Jan 2013.
snow-castle-howard_2455292k_zpsce4c9f3c.jpg

texan

Japanese traditional wooden houses, "Gassho zukuri," are lit up in the snow-covered village of Shirakawa
in Gifu prefecture, central Japan, on Jan. 19.
pb-130120-japansnow-cannon_photoblog900_zps78c6c504.jpg

texan

Firefighters spray down hot spots on an ice covered warehouse that caught fire Tuesday night in Chicago on Jan. 23.
Fire department officials said it is the biggest fire the department has had to battle in years and one-third of all
Chicago firefighters were on the scene at one point or another trying to put out the flames.
pb-130123-chicago-fire-ice-jsa-11_photoblog900_zps1cc261de.jpg

texan

A barge motors through arctic sea-smoke on its way out of Portland Harbor, where the temperatures at sunrise was
about minus 5 degrees, Thursday, in Portland, Maine.
pb-130124-portland-cold-jsw-1130a_photoblog900_zps296ccfa9.jpg

texan

Cameras belonging to news photographers surround a table before the arrival of U.S. Secretary of State
Hillary Clinton
potd-clinton-camer_2460707k_zpsd898412a.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Diamorpha in a dried up vernal pool at the top of Arabia Mountain outside Atlanta, GA.

I took this with my point and shoot Olympus XZ-1 in the Art Dramatic Mode holding the camera about a foot off the rock.
Arabia Moonrise-P1260501_web.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Diamorpha in a dried up vernal pool at the top of Arabia Mountain outside Atlanta, GA.

I took this with my point and shoot Olympus XZ-1 in the Art Dramatic Mode holding the camera about a foot off the rock.
I was reading customer reviews of that camera and people love the Art Dramatic Mode, I can see why. Very striking.

texan

Garrett McNamara rides a wave during a surf session at Praia do Norte in Nazare on Jan. 30. McNamara currently
holds the world record for the biggest wave surfed after riding a 78-foot breaker in Nazare, Portugal, on Nov. 1, 2011
but on Jan. 28, 2013 was thought to have gone better at the same location.
pb-130130-surfing-portugal-waves-nj-02_photoblog900.jpg