Photo of the day

texan

A gigantic whale emerges from the water just feet away from kayakers in Monterey Bay, California, USA.

Approaching whales within 100 yards is in violation of the local law, but the whale decided
to take them by surprise.

texan

Swedish photographer Goran Strand stepped outside his car to snap this picture of the auroral glow on Aug. 28.
""Not so much structure," Strand said in a blog post. "It was more as if a green blanket was put on top of the sky."

texan

A snow leopard cub in New York born on April 9 in his enclosure in the Himalayan Highlands exhibit at the
Bronx Zoo in New York City.

50 years ago, 28 Aug 1963, Martin Luther King, Jr. waves to supporters on the Mall in Washington DC.

He gave a speech that had the words "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where
they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

God bless you for posting this and God bless MLK

Returntosender

Burning Man is a week-long annual event held in the Black Rock Desert in northern Nevada. The event begins on the last Monday in August, and ends on the first Monday in September.
BurningMan2006654.jpg

vanos.2944.jpg

adcedadc-74a0-4f28-b0ae-cdaf157c1dd1_burning-man_zpsb906209f.jpg
[

burning-man-390x311.jpg

Returntosender

This island paradise in the South Pacific is for sale. The compound known as Rai Ki Wai, on more than 45 acres of land on the highest point of the Fijian island of Wakaya, originally went on the market for $12 million. Its living space totals about 23,000 square feet, spread across several expansive pavilions and three smaller guest "bures" (huts).

After failing to sell at $12 million, the price was knocked down. It sits at $6,950,000 -- and if it still doesn't sell, it's going to the highest bidder at auction Oct. 3.
7668144e-6cc9-4dc1-b9d2-0eb52bd32ab4_1-pav-ext-aerial-of-island_zpsda623dcf.jpg

texan

This island paradise in the South Pacific is for sale. The compound known as Rai Ki Wai, on more than 45 acres of land on the highest point of the Fijian island of Wakaya, originally went on the market for $12 million. Its living space totals about 23,000 square feet, spread across several expansive pavilions and three smaller guest "bures" (huts).

After failing to sell at $12 million, the price was knocked down. It sits at $6,950,000 -- and if it still doesn't sell, it's going to the highest bidder at auction Oct. 3.
7668144e-6cc9-4dc1-b9d2-0eb52bd32ab4_1-pav-ext-aerial-of-island_zpsda623dcf.jpg
I wonder if it has any fresh water?

Not a place I would want to be when one of those 200 mph wind speed typhoons
roll in. :wind:

I wonder if it has any fresh water?

Not a place I would want to be when one of those 200 mph wind speed typhoons
roll in. :wind:

My island partner Ovah and I have installed a fresh water unit to desalinate all the ocean water we need. Our new homes, buried into the sides of the slopes, will offer panoramic views as well as being storm proof. As for pirates we'll just set a couple of moody wives on them. No contest.

texan

My island partner Ovah and I have installed a fresh water unit to desalinate all the ocean water we need. Our new homes, buried into the sides of the slopes, will offer panoramic views as well as being storm proof. As for pirates we'll just set a couple of moody wives on them. No contest.