Photo of the day

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No work today??
frabz-Come-to-Work-on-Sunday-Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-For-That-ea701b-1.jpg
I'm much too busy.....lol

texan

British photographer Alex Bradbury, from Leamington Spa, walked over a glacier to reach
this waterfall falling through crystal clear ice caves.

The hidden caverns of ice appear temporarily at the edge of glaciers, in this case at the
south side of Vatnajokull National Park in South-East Iceland.

The lack of air in the ice means that it absorbs all visible light, apart from the blue fraction
which creates the stunning colours.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
British photographer Alex Bradbury, from Leamington Spa, walked over a glacier to reach

The hidden caverns of ice appear temporarily at the edge of glaciers, in this case at the

The lack of air in the ice means that it absorbs all visible light, apart from the blue fraction

I wouldn't stand there for too long or there still might be some red to be seen.:eek:

upschuck

Cool picture, does not look real. I would love to see this in person.

texan

Visitors to Mather Point at Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, USA, look out over a rare
total cloud inversion.
The phenomenon, caused by cold and warm air masses interacting, left the Grand Canyon
peaking above a sea of clouds.
Picture: AP Photo/National Park Service, Erin Whittaker

texan

Golfers walk across a bridge to get to the green on the second hole during the first round
of the Northwestern Mutual World Challenge golf tournament at Sherwood Country Club
in Thousand Oaks, California.

rod

Retired 23 years
Golfers walk across a bridge to get to the green on the second hole during the first round
of the Northwestern Mutual World Challenge golf tournament at Sherwood Country Club
in Thousand Oaks, California.

You wouldn't need a bridge to get across the water here in Minnesota. I live on the Mississippi and its frozen solid right now. The earliest I've ever seen that. Someone please tell me again about global warming. I need a good laugh. Its suppose to be 20 below zero again tonight.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You wouldn't need a bridge to get across the water here in Minnesota. I live on the Mississippi and its frozen solid right now. The earliest I've ever seen that. Someone please tell me again about global warming. I need a good laugh. Its suppose to be 20 below zero again tonight.
Look at the Arctic and Antarctic ice caps ... local variations do not reflect an overall trend.
The political (and scientific) question is whether "global warning" is caused by man or not.