Police Brutality & Executions

MAKAVELI

if a black police officer shooting someone is institutional racism then is that same police officer being shot reverse institutional racism?
It's really not that complicated. A cops first reaction towards a black man, a majority of the time, is to shoot. You can spin it all you want but that is a reality.

newfie

It's really not that complicated. A cops first reaction towards a black man, a majority of the time, is to shoot. You can spin it all you want but that is a reality.

Yea I guess I don't see you posting anything about all the blacks killing blacks, lets worry about the random one where a white guy gets it wrong.

newfie

And I'm free to remind you of thousands of police screw ups across the country.

and you're free to make up some when you cant find enough to fit the narrative.

while you create your Trayvon martin fairy tales , hundreds of blacks will die violent deaths at the hands of blacks each week.

It will be fine

I'm free to remind you of the 30 blacks that will be shot by blacks in Chicago alone this weekend while you agonize over the occasional police screw up
Do you have a solution recommendation for that issue? Or are you just using it as an excuse for the bad behavior of police? That seems to be your entire thought process, "someone else is doing worse things, so it's ok to do bad things."

newfie

Do you have a solution recommendation for that issue? Or are you just using it as an excuse for the bad behavior of police? That seems to be your entire thought process, "someone else is doing worse things, so it's ok to do bad things."

yes I do , the voters in Chicago need to vote out the incompetent leadership that is currently mismanaging Chicago and vote in someone that will do something to fix the problem. do you have a solution or are you just another liberal blow hard?

It will be fine

yes I do , the voters in Chicago need to vote out the incompetent leadership that is currently mismanaging Chicago and vote in someone that will do something to fix the problem. do you have a solution or are you just another liberal blow hard?
Legalize recreational drugs. There's no fighting for turf if you can buy weed at 7-11.

It will be fine

do you have any data to support your theory that legalizing pot would eliminate these shootings?
It's a mixed bag as far as data is concerned. If you look up articles about Portugal, they decriminalized everything in 2001, they mostly focus on the decrease in drug use and drug related deaths. There isn't much info on violent crimes associated with drug distribution.
Articles on Colorado are mixed, it looks like overall crime is down, but due to the legality of grow operations there may be an increase in violent crime because gangs fight to move that product out of state. We'd need decrimilization at a national level to see real effects.
I'd say there is plenty of evidence of decreases in violent crime after alcohol prohibition ended, since it eliminated most of the need for the Mafia.

Is there any data that shows drug prohibition is effective at reducing drug use or violent crime?