Police Brutality & Executions

newfie

It's a mixed bag as far as data is concerned. If you look up articles about Portugal, they decriminalized everything in 2001, they mostly focus on the decrease in drug use and drug related deaths. There isn't much info on violent crimes associated with drug distribution.
Articles on Colorado are mixed, it looks like overall crime is down, but due to the legality of grow operations there may be an increase in violent crime because gangs fight to move that product out of state. We'd need decrimilization at a national level to see real effects.
I'd say there is plenty of evidence of decreases in violent crime after alcohol prohibition ended, since it eliminated most of the need for the Mafia.

Is there any data that shows drug prohibition is effective at reducing drug use or violent crime?

so you don't have any data to support this wild assumption that all crime in Chicago will disappear if we legalize pot?

It will be fine

so you don't have any data to support this wild assumption that all crime in Chicago will disappear if we legalize pot?
I realize reading isn't your strong suit, but I never claimed all crime would disappear. You asked for a recommendation to control shootings in Chicago. My contention is most of the violence is related to drug crimes. I pointed you in the direction of Portugal and it's success with decriminalization. You'll have to google articles yourself, there's plenty to choose from from multiple sources.

newfie

I realize reading isn't your strong suit, but I never claimed all crime would disappear. .

Legalize recreational drugs. There's no fighting for turf if you can buy weed at 7-11.

so the decisions to murder someone are nothing more then drug entrepreneur's fighting over business opportunities?

In Chicago, absolutely. For the police that murder black people acrross the country, it's due to poor training and lack of focus on descalation techniques.

you're in the no moon walk zone

TheJerk

Porch Pirate

gtfo! social and economic issues are the reason for crime and violence all over the country and the world. If someone decides to live a life of crime let them be. This thread is about POLICE.

newfie

gtfo! social and economic issues are the reason for crime and violence all over the country and the world. If someone decides to live a life of crime let them be. This thread is about POLICE.

or about people who talk about the police while ignoring the daily nut kick they get from their own kind.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Update

What's the reward for instigating mass rioting in Ferguson? Michael Brown's parents have just found out

On Friday, the City of Ferguson confirmed the amount with News 4 – $1.5 million to be paid “by its insurance carrier on behalf of multiple defendants” which included Darren Wilson, former Police Chief Tom Jackson, and the City of Ferguson.

Interestingly, News 4 reports, Brown’s parents argued that their son’s death “deprived them of financial support through his future potential wages.”

MAKAVELI

Yes it is.:happy2:
Stevie Wonder Has a Message for Fans Who Don't Approve of His Support of #BlackLivesMatter

Stevie Wonder has never been one to hold his tongue in regards to political issues, especially when they directly affect the Black community. He showcased this during a recent performance at London's British Summer Time Festival where he told 65,000 attendees that he doesn't "give a :censored2:" if they don't agree with his support of the #BlackLivesMatter movement.
While narrating through cuts from his iconic 1976 album Songs in the Key of Life, Stevie pointed out that the subject of society's problems he sang about back then still exist today.

"The songs and the words that we talk about, those conditions still exist in the world and that hurts my heart," he said.
From there, as they say, he "went off," making his stance clear that he is all for the protection and preservation of Black lives.

"Yes, all life does matter... But the reason that I say Black lives matter is because we are the original people of this world," he said. "So, in essence, everybody in here, really, you got some Black in you. You've all got some soul in you, so stop denying your culture."

Following his remarks, there was some scattered applause in the crowd, which was seemingly in shock by his words. After noticing that some members of the audience didn't fancy his words, he made things even clearer.

"And for those of you who don't agree with me, I love you but I don't give a :censored2:," he said. "Cut the bulls**t and fix it! We were all made in God's image. When you hate someone, you're hating that image. If I'm blind and I can see it, you can see it too."