President Trump

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That makes two of us. Average US per month cost of a semi private room at a skilled care nursing facility?......$7500.
That's what long term care insurance is for. Ttku.
Go to a nursing home and look around and you will not have to look very far to find somebody who's been in there for 10 years or longer.
Average stay is 2 years.

Go buy insurance and stop expecting the government to take care of you from cradle to grave.

BrownArmy

Yup, buy an insurance plan that is more profitable the sooner you die. I can’t imagine any issues arising from that.

Forget private health insurance plans, just look at your own car insurance plan.

I got rear-ended going to work, the cops came, somehow the other drivers' insurance company tried to make me the bad-guy.

I got it worked out, but:

Wut?

It will be fine

Forget private health insurance plans, just look at your own car insurance plan.

I got rear-ended going to work, the cops came, somehow the other drivers' insurance company tried to make me the bad-guy.

I got it worked out, but:

Wut?
Just this week I finally got back part of my deductible from when a municipal bus rear ended me in 2011. The system works perfectly, stop complaining pinko.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Dear Leader, you know "The Chosen One" has joined with the AG's of several states in an effort to have the ACA declared unconstitutional while out on the campaign trail bragging about how he made changes to Obamacare that has served to make it work better LMAO.
I am now reading reports that because of the fact that Medicaid pays less than self paying patients nursing homes are trying to kick Medicaid patients out in order to free the bed for a self paying patient. When that person's money's all gone they'll probably try to kick that person out.
TTKU
They've been doing that for decades.
You obviously don't have relatives in nursing and alternative care homes.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And you’re not understanding that insurance isn’t working like it’s supposed to.

But, by all means, buy private insurance if it makes you better.
How is long term care insurance not working like it's supposed to? You buy coverage for a certain amount, they pay it out. It's not that complicated, even for liberals.

BrownArmy

How is long term care insurance not working like it's supposed to? You buy coverage for a certain amount, they pay it out. It's not that complicated, even for liberals.

Until they don’t.

FFS, stop being so dense.

I don’t care how long you’ve been with an Insurance Company, or how much you’ve paid in premiums, it’s LITERALLY THEIR BUSINESS MODEL TO DENY YOU.

If your life portfolio is anything like the ‘advice’ you give on BC, good luck.

bacha29

That's what long term care insurance is for. Ttku.

Average stay is 2 years.

Go buy insurance and stop expecting the government to take care of you from cradle to grave.
Most plans only pay an average of $160 per day for about 2-3 years with a benefit trigger of 90 days with a maximum life time pay out of around $150,000 with premiums of around $3500 per year. Now if you die within that time frame it would help. Now as for the average stay one of the main reasons it's at this level is due to the fact that a significant number of people admitted are by that time in their 80's and are already in the final months of their lives and have been cared for at home until their conditions deteriorated to the point where professional opinions and state elder care laws required that they go to a nursing home.

This is the main reason why that number is where it is but at the same time you won't have to look very hard in order to find indigent patients who have been there much longer.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don’t care how long you’ve been with an Insurance Company, or how much you’ve paid in premiums, it’s LITERALLY THEIR BUSINESS MODEL TO DENY YOU.
You're buying insurance for nursing or in home care, up to a certain amount per year, for a set number of years. IT'S LITERALLY A CONTRACT IN WRITING.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Most plans only pay an average of $160 per day for about 2-3 years with a benefit trigger of 90 days with a maximum life time pay out of around $150,000 with premiums of around $3500 per year.
Should be able to get double that coverage for half that cost, unless you're a fatty in his 70s who's already on his death bed.
Now as for the average stay one of the main reasons it's at this level is due to the fact that a significant number of people admitted are by that time in their 80's and are already in the final months of their lives and have been cared for at home until their conditions deteriorated to the point where professional opinions and state elder care laws required that they go to a nursing home.

This is the main reason why that number is where it is but at the same time you won't have to look very hard in order to find indigent patients who have been there much longer.
Yes, I know how averages work fren, it doesn't change my point.

BrownArmy

You're buying insurance for nursing or in home care, up to a certain amount per year, for a set number of years. IT'S LITERALLY A CONTRACT IN WRITING.

Oh, OK.

I’ve never ever witnessed it go the other way.

You’re completely correct, I’m an idiot, please keep paying premiums for what is assuredly exactly what you think it is.

My bad.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Oh, OK.

I’ve never ever witnessed it go the other way.

You’re completely correct, I’m an idiot, please keep paying premiums for what is assuredly exactly what you think it is.

My bad.
You've convinced me, no one should bother buying long term care insurance, they should just plan on bankrupting their family and depending on some garbage government facility to take care of them.

My bad, you've got it all figured out.