President Trump

newfie

Major cuts to Medicaid have been proposed in every Trump budget he's sent to Congress.His plan was to provide so called "block grants" to the states that were nowhere near enough to cover the costs of the programs leaving the individual states to cover the funding gap. Remember two thirds of Medicaid's budget goes to nursing homes to care for those patients whose own assets are exhausted.
I am now reading reports that because of the fact that Medicaid pays less than self paying patients nursing homes are trying to kick Medicaid patients out in order to free the bed for a self paying patient. When that person's money's all gone they'll probably try to kick that person out.

how many times are you going to spin this same nonsense. the same money is being spent more of it is going to the states to manage

newfie

Mitch McConnell has already said that attacking entitlements will be atop the GOP agenda if Trump is reelected and Republicans retain their Senate majority.

That would be the ACA, SS, and Medicare. Notice that they're kind of quiet about it before elections.

Wonder why.

mitch has never said he would 'attack entitlements" CNN mouthpiece

bacha29

So tell us about how much of your nursing home stay Medicaid is paying for. We would appreciate your insight in this matter.
That comment is a clear admission on your part that you haven't spent a nickel on long term care insurance and never will so don't lecture the rest of us until you buy a policy of your own.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That comment is a clear admission on your part that you haven't spent a nickel on long term care insurance and never will so don't lecture the rest of us until you buy a policy of your own.
That comment is a clear admission on your part that you haven't had a nickel of experience dealing with medicaid paying for a nursing home so don't lecture the rest of us until you know what you're talking about.

bacha29

That comment is a clear admission on your part that you haven't had a nickel of experience dealing with medicaid paying for a nursing home so don't lecture the rest of us until you know what you're talking about.
It's all right there in the Trump administrations 2019-2020 budget. Just go to OMB.com . and read it for yourself And oh yea I had to learn quite a bit about nursing home funding when my own mother contracted terminal brain cancer .In fact I paid for the final two months of her care out of my own pocket so that she would continue to receive care until her personal finances were transferred to a power of attorney.