President Trump

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
their loss not ours . they didnt shut down the flight lanes to china

Hey, Mr. Hypocrite. First, are you ready to admit Covid-19 isn't a hoax? Second, Trump is talking $1T in assistance and bailouts, yet you have excoriated Obama for years for doing pretty much the same thing during the Great Recession.

Double-talk, just ignorant, or a complete hypocrite? Maybe Trump should just let "Free Market Magic" do it's thing.

I await your excuses.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Second, Trump is talking $1T in assistance and bailouts, yet you have excoriated Obama for years for doing pretty much the same thing during the Great Recession.
Because Obama bailed out bad actors that caused the financial crisis. This is an unstoppable outside event brought to our shores, no one here is responsible.

You're a real POS using this for political points. But everyone already knew that.

newfie

Hey, Mr. Hypocrite. First, are you ready to admit Covid-19 isn't a hoax? Second, Trump is talking $1T in assistance and bailouts, yet you have excoriated Obama for years for doing pretty much the same thing during the Great Recession.

Double-talk, just ignorant, or a complete hypocrite? Maybe Trump should just let "Free Market Magic" do it's thing.

I await your excuses.

I think unless you're sick or real old its no worse then the flu. no one has been able to disprove that simple statement

Up In Smoke

Because Obama bailed out bad actors that caused the financial crisis. This is an unstoppable outside event brought to our shores, no one here is responsible.

You're a real POS using this for political points. But everyone already knew that.
Wrong, President Bush signed the EESA on October 3rd of 2008. The 700 billion dollars were used to buy bad mortgage backed securities. The bad actors received 15 billion dollars thru Federal TARP action. The US 80.7 billion auto bailout began in December of 2008 as part of the government's additional TARP action.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think unless you're sick or real old its no worse then the flu. no one has been able to disprove that simple statement

OK. Go out and get infected and report back to us. There are plenty of victims who aren't old. The Chinese optometrist who died was 34, Patient #1 in Italy was a 38 year-old athlete, and an unknown number of younger patients with no underlying health issues have died or are very ill. 40-something ER doc in WA State is critical as of yesterday.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wrong, President Bush signed the EESA on October 3rd of 2008. The 700 billion dollars were used to buy bad mortgage backed securities. The bad actors received 15 billion dollars thru Federal TARP action. The US 80.7 billion auto bailout began in December of 2008 as part of the government's additional TARP action.

Correct, sir. Dubya started TARP.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So you agree with me that it was completely different and not comparable to this crisis. Okay.

Up In Smoke

So you agree with me that it was completely different and not comparable to this crisis. Okay.
I agree completely, these two situations are completely different. In 2008-09 the financial crisis was brought on by loans and mortgages given to businesses and individuals that didn't qualify for them. Banking standards and loan to debt ratios were not adhered to. The virus followed in the recession's footprints. Today the virus came at a time when economy was good, people were working and businesses were profitable. We are now seeing how fragile those businesses truly were. The tax cuts of 2017 were used to buy back stock, increase dividends and inflate stock prices. Instead of companies using the money to diversify their assets and save cash for the next crisis, they spent it like the dollars would never stop coming. Now we have people out of work and companies out of money both with their hands out. 2008-09 should have taught everyone a life long lesson, but instant gratification is the way today.

It will be fine

I agree completely, these two situations are completely different. In 2008-09 the financial crisis was brought on by loans and mortgages given to businesses and individuals that didn't qualify for them. Banking standards and loan to debt ratios were not adhered to. The virus followed in the recession's footprints. Today the virus came at a time when economy was good, people were working and businesses were profitable. We are now seeing how fragile those businesses truly were. The tax cuts of 2017 were used to buy back stock, increase dividends and inflate stock prices. Instead of companies using the money to diversify their assets and save cash for the next crisis, they spent it like the dollars would never stop coming. Now we have people out of work and companies out of money both with their hands out. 2008-09 should have taught everyone a life long lesson, but instant gratification is the way today.
The lesson learned was the government will bail out businesses that make bad decisions. Might as well make as much money as you can when the risk is public.

newfie

the only thing I would add to that is we had pushed the economy past the normal recession window. As such investors were probably ready to drop and run at the first sign of trouble .

newfie

OK. Go out and get infected and report back to us. There are plenty of victims who aren't old. The Chinese optometrist who died was 34, Patient #1 in Italy was a 38 year-old athlete, and an unknown number of younger patients with no underlying health issues have died or are very ill. 40-something ER doc in WA State is critical as of yesterday.

Yes I'm sure there were younger people with underlying health issues.

meanwhile the average age of people who have died is 80 years old.

MAKAVELI

the young people are not getting it . Quarantine the old people , let the rest of the world run and build up an immunity to this version of the flu
Everyone is getting it. The elderly and young with underlying health conditions are suffering the worst. Ttku...