President Trump

fishtm2001

“We are coming around, we’re rounding the turn, we have the vaccines, we have everything,” Trump said at a rally in Londonderry, N.H., on Sunday.

This maroon is not well.

fishtm2001

Primarily Democrats. You had the mayor of Nashville holding back data that showed very few infections were happening in bars and restaurants. The governor of Michigan was putting all kinds of rules in place that didn't make sense, then it was found out her husband was ignoring them, doing as he pleased. Nancy Pelosi was very adamant about wearing masks then was called out for not wearing one. Seems the ruling class thinks the rules don't apply to them. People notice, and are less likely to comply if the leadership doesn't comply. And the Democrat leadership is quick to blame Trump for everything, but within their own state or city it's their doing, not his.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Normally your incorrect theories at least border on reasonable and thought out. You are swinging wildly at this one. Now you’ve landed at every Governor in the country intentionally did a bad job at containing the virus to spite Trump. That’s bananas.

You misspelled "brilliant observations are dead on as always". But your understanding of my completely accurate assessment needs work. I never said they did a bad job on purpose, nor did I say it was all governors. They could never have contained the virus to begin with. I said they were trying to play politics. Their decisions were likely guided by the same delusion, that government has godlike powers, that most of the left suffers from.

According to the WHO article that was posted earlier, the Trump administration's response was dead on. He couldn't force the individual states to do the right thing. Whose fault is it that so many governors went off the rails into totalitarian dictatorship control?

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Republican Governors have not done a better job at containing the virus.
More importantly, while they have managed the corona virus as well as DemWit governors, the RePugnant governors have opened their states up and people are going about their lives.
RePug states have fewer people on Unemployment and their economy is approaching/trending towards pre-COVID levels.

vantexan

It will be fine

You misspelled "brilliant observations are dead on as always". But your understanding of my completely accurate assessment needs work. I never said they did a bad job on purpose, nor did I say it was all governors. They could never have contained the virus to begin with. I said they were trying to play politics. Their decisions were likely guided by the same delusion, that government has godlike powers, that most of the left suffers from.

According to the WHO article that was posted earlier, the Trump administration's response was dead on. He couldn't force the individual states to do the right thing. Whose fault is it that so many governors went off the rails into totalitarian dictatorship control?
The countries that have done a decent job up till now did it with a competent government response. South Korea has a high population density. They were able to test and trace cases so it didn’t spread uncontrolled. Our government pretended there was no issue and it would go away magically. They let the cat out of the bag and now you’re claiming there was nothing they could have possibly done better. It’s absurd, there’s plenty of evidence that the virus could have been been contained. We can’t at this point because the time window to do so closed.

The right’s motto is, “Government is incompetent, elect us and we’ll prove it.”

vantexan

The countries that have done a decent job up till now did it with a competent government response. South Korea has a high population density. They were able to test and trace cases so it didn’t spread uncontrolled. Our government pretended there was no issue and it would go away magically. They let the cat out of the bag and now you’re claiming there was nothing they could have possibly done better. It’s absurd, there’s plenty of evidence that the virus could have been been contained. We can’t at this point because the time window to do so closed.

We don't have a population density comparable to South Korea's. Apples and oranges.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

You think holding it at bay is the same as containing it. That's why we can't come to an understanding. Once anything changes that is out of the government's control, the levee breaks. Can you contain an ocean?

It will be fine

You think holding it at bay is the same as containing it. That's why we can't come to an understanding. Once anything changes that is out of the government's control, the levee breaks. Can you contain an ocean?
I don’t see the distinction you’re trying to make. Other countries have helped keep their populations alive and healthy until a vaccine is developed.

vantexan

I don’t see the distinction you’re trying to make. Other countries have helped keep their populations alive and healthy until a vaccine is developed.
331 million people. How is our population not being kept alive and healthy considering the number dead? And majority of the deaths were early on when we didn't know what we know now.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

That is a common problem you have. You find it difficult to see the distinction between what's real and what's noy. How long can a government continue to "keep their population healthy"? This single-minded focus on a cold bug is causing people to miss all the other negative effects of totalitarianistic actions.

It will be fine

That is a common problem you have. You find it difficult to see the distinction between what's real and what's noy. How long can a government continue to "keep their population healthy"? This single-minded focus on a cold bug is causing people to miss all the other negative effects of totalitarianistic actions.
I don’t think testing and contact tracing is totalitarian. I don’t believe South Korea is an authoritarian state. They’ve keep the virus contained and will likely have a vaccine deployed next year like the rest of the world. A year of paying attention and testing isn’t much to ask of a free society to keep the population healthy. You only want to focus on widespread lockdowns while ignoring the early policy failures that led to them. Basic government competence early on would have saved lives and the economy.

When did Republicans become the crybaby party? Everything is just too hard for them. It’s sad.

vantexan

I don’t think testing and contact tracing is totalitarian. I don’t believe South Korea is an authoritarian state. They’ve keep the virus contained and will likely have a vaccine deployed next year like the rest of the world. A year of paying attention and testing isn’t much to ask of a free society to keep the population healthy. You only want to focus on widespread lockdowns while ignoring the early policy failures that led to them. Basic government competence early on would have saved lives and the economy.

When did Republicans become the crybaby party? Everything is just too hard for them. It’s sad.
Your problem is you believe in a strong centralized government running everything. That's not our system so blaming the Federal government for everything is disingenuous, taking advantage of the virus for political gain. I was just in Illinois where I ate at a Golden Corral in Carbondale. Went back the next day and it was closed. Couldn't sit inside at Barnes and Noble to enjoy a coffee. Drove to Missouri where everything is open. Night and day difference. If Missouri's death rate isn't any higher than Illinois then which state is doing better by its residents?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don’t think testing and contact tracing is totalitarian. I don’t believe South Korea is an authoritarian state. They’ve keep the virus contained and will likely have a vaccine deployed next year like the rest of the world. A year of paying attention and testing isn’t much to ask of a free society to keep the population healthy.
We're testing more than any other country. So what are you crying about exactly?