President Trump

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
It's all on Democrats now.
They used their political capital last time they were in this position to pass Obamacare, which was a turd. I’m not holding my breath about a satisfactory green infrastructure bill. If they’re going to do anything bold, they better act quickly before Republicans take congress back.

vantexan

No one is in the way, they have a majority, it's all on them now let's see what they got.
They have to eliminate the Senate filibuster first. Joe Manchin says he's going to vote with Republicans if they try anything extreme. Heard an analyst say Manchin always votes with fellow Democrats unless it looks like they can't win. Then he votes with Republicans to make himself look conservative to the folks back in West Virginia.

oldngray

nowhere special
They have to eliminate the Senate filibuster first. Joe Manchin says he's going to vote with Republicans if they try anything extreme. Heard an analyst say Manchin always votes with fellow Democrats unless it looks like they can't win. Then he votes with Republicans to make himself look conservative to the folks back in West Virginia.
You can count on Romney to reliably vote with the Dems.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
If folks in West Virginia want a conservative why don’t they just elect a Republican?

refineryworker05

They used their political capital last time they were in this position to pass Obamacare, which was a turd. I’m not holding my breath about a satisfactory green infrastructure bill. If they’re going to do anything bold, they better act quickly before Republicans take congress back.
The ACA insured millions of people, is popular and has the frame work to get us to universal insurance coverage. As policy it’s far from great. But Dems need to add a public option. The huge mistake dems made with the ACA is not adding the public option and not making Medicaid available to more Americans, and wasting time “debating” this bill in public. I hope they learned. Get bills passed quickly, do popular stuff, take credit for the popular stuff you do, they gotta cave to Manchin, give him whatever he wants to get that meet those goals. Dems gotta stop crafting these Byzantine bills to avoid giving some “undeserving” Americans help. Designing policy to exclude people results in worse policy. I hope they get this. Universality everyone gets it can’t be beat. And if they spend a year dithering and haggling with republicans, they will be blamed and they will be out of the majority.

refineryworker05

The neo-liberal, corporatist, race-baiting “grown-ups”?
First define a race baiter and Who are the race baiters among elected prominent Democratics? When trump said a judge couldn’t preside over his case because the judge was Mexican. Was that race baiting? When trump asked why we had immigrants from s hole countered like Haiti and Africa, and why couldn’t we get more immigrants from Norway! Was he racebaiting. When Rush Limbaugh would play the parody song titled Barack the Barack the magic negro was he race baiting? When the governor of Maine said black drug dealers from Delaware were coming over state borders and bringing drugs and impregnating while girls was he race baiting? When Steve King said that we couldn’t populate our nation with other people’s kids was he race baiting?

Last edited:

vantexan

If folks in West Virginia want a conservative why don’t they just elect a Republican?
When Manchin started in politics West Virginia was a heavily unionized, solid blue state. But the Left pushed to shut down coal, and West Virginians were fairly conservative Democrats, so they changed over eventually to a solid red state. Their other senator is a Republican. Manchin is well liked personally, and he brings home the bacon for the state. And with coal just about gone they need all the bacon they can get.