President Trump

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
This is bs is what some people I saw on Twitter are freaking out about trump getting banned from Twitter and Facebook. many of them are posting about authoritarianism and the end of free speech. That could only be true if social media companies were free speech in America, but if all those companies went out of business tomorrow free speech in America would still exist. And we all know this. So why are people pretending to believe insane bs like these companies are free speech in America? Why are they pretending that these social media companies aren’t banning tons and tons and tons and tons of stuff off their platforms regularly and that they’d support them banning 95% of the stuff they ban, but then they pretend them banning certain people is them doing something authoritarian. It’s all very strange. American poilitics is very weird to me a lot of the time.
It’s not literally the end of free speech, but it is de facto censorship.

Indecisi0n

This is bs is what some people I saw on Twitter are freaking out about trump getting banned from Twitter and Facebook. many of them are posting about authoritarianism and the end of free speech. That could only be true if social media companies were free speech in America, but if all those companies went out of business tomorrow free speech in America would still exist. And we all know this. So why are people pretending to believe insane bs like these companies are free speech in America? Why are they pretending that these social media companies aren’t banning tons and tons and tons and tons of stuff off their platforms regularly and that they’d support them banning 95% of the stuff they ban, but then they pretend them banning certain people is them doing something authoritarian. It’s all very strange. American poilitics is very weird to me a lot of the time.
Facebook , Twitter and Instagram are private company’s. They can do whatever they want.

baklava

So because people feel it’s important that gives you the right to tell a private company y what they can and can’t do?
Yes. That is called regulation, we do it all the time.

I’d like to see giant tech companies broken up, beginning with Amazon.

"The most cynical and grotesque form of this argument goes something like this: Trump supporters sincerely believe that the election was stolen, therefore mocking the idea that it was stolen is offensive, elitist, bigoted, condescending, or inciteful. The same people who giddily encouraged their viewers, readers, and constituents to believe a lie now argue that this is what you get when you call them liars or dupes."

Jonah Goldberg

refineryworker05

Yes. Establishment keeps votes coming in by distracting and dividing amongst tribalistic lines despite not doing diddly poo for the populace.
I don’t think this is really true. I just don’t think tribalism is any worse than it’s been in America. I think there are material real world benefits of being in certain tribes in America, that people want to keep at the expense of lower tribes. is that the establishment? Yeah, but do regular people in that tribe want those material advantages at the expense of others? Yes. So we have millions of Americans who want to use the government to keep certain groups of Americans down even at the expense of helping themselves because they believe that’s the key to maintaining their material advantage over those other tribes. You can’t workers of the world unite them out of that belief.

refineryworker05

It’s not literally the end of free speech, but it is de facto censorship.
No it’s not. Please stop pretending. Twitter and Facebook both bans tons of content like all the time and the public wants them to do it. And no one pretends they are censoring all the stuff they want them to ban. It’s understood that hey Twitter doesn’t have to allow nudity if it doesn’t want, Facebook doesn’t have to allow images of violence if it doesn’t want, neither have to allow video of crimes on their platforms, they don’t have to allow sex workers to use their platforms if they don’t want, they don’t have to allow white racists to organize in their platforms if they don’t want, But they ban certain posters, oh free speech. It’s all fake bs.

baklava

No it’s not. Please stop pretending. Twitter and Facebook both bans tons of content like all the time and the public wants them to do it. And no one pretends they are censoring all the stuff they want them to ban. It’s understood that hey Twitter doesn’t have to allow nudity if it doesn’t want, Facebook doesn’t have to allow images of violence if it doesn’t want, neither have to allow video of crimes on their platforms, they don’t have to allow sex workers to use their platforms if they don’t want, they don’t have to allow white racists to organize in their platforms if they don’t want, But they ban certain posters, oh free speech. It’s all fake bs.
Can you try to be more concise? FFS man.

refineryworker05

Yes you can. Winning is the best deodorant. People turn on each other when they’re not doing well.
No you can’t, they see those other tribes as inferior and being on the same level as those other tribes to them is them losing. You don’t get it. They want that material advantage even if it is an illusion. You can’t workers of the world unite them. I read a book about people getting evicted. these people were living in a trailer park in such bad shape the city condemned it. Obviously that’s very disruptive to people’s lives and I felt for them, but the main concern these people, who were living in a drug infested dilapidated trailer park, had was that they not be forced to live amongst black people. They understood the message that to live amongst black people for them is too really hit rock bottom.