President Trump

Next Day Err

So you were glad he did it, now you want him charged? When you realized you have to give Trump the same consideration as president you suddenly changed your tune.
I understand why Obama gave that order in good faith to protect national security. I’m not crazy about it but I understand why the decision was made in good faith.

If Obama had been challenged in courts later I would have shrugged.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I think you’re making more of it than it is because it’s always been that way. Presidents don’t get charged. Grow up and quit pretending, you live in a fantasy land.
It was always, always assumed that the president enjoyed a certain amount of immunity. The left wing scumbags pushed the envelope and forced the Supreme Court to finally clarify it for all the idiots on the left. It’s just another sign of the commies trying to overthrow the constitution.

Thebrownblob

It was always, always assumed that the president enjoyed a certain amount of immunity. The left wing scumbags pushed the envelope and forced the Supreme Court to finally clarify it for all the idiots on the left. It’s just another sign of the commies trying to overthrow the constitution.
Yep, they asked for it and then when they didn’t get what they want, they throw a fit. Some decisions you just don’t wanna know. Now the truth is what it’s always been.

newfie

So what do you think of the high court granting immunity to Trump for anything deemed “official acts”?
i think they clarified what has always been presumed to be in existence.

Imagine the family of Osama bin laden suing Obama for executing Osama bin laden in a court system in a heavy muslim area in grand rapids or Minni. theres where Jack Smith was trying to take us.

vantexan

I understand why Obama gave that order in good faith to protect national security. I’m not crazy about it but I understand why the decision was made in good faith.

If Obama had been challenged in courts later I would have shrugged.
But would you have given Trump the same consideration for the same decision? Based on the last 8 years I'd have to say no. That's the point of the SCOTUS ruling, that presidents can't be put in the position of second guessing everything they do for fear of prosecution. After all these charges against Trump do you want the Republicans to go after Biden in court about his decisions that got American citizens killed after he leaves office? Do you want to further divide the country with constant tit for tat charges?