President Trump

vantexan

Why should they we export $billions in cars every year?
You missed my point. And is it they or we? Most Japanese cars sold in the U.S. are built in the U.S. But because of a very large annual trade imbalance tilted in Japan's favor, Trump suggested instead of shipping the rest sold here, but built there, that they build those cars here too. Would put more Americans to work. Toyota is still the world's biggest automaker. They can build plenty of cars in Japan to ship to other countries.

MAKAVELI

Banned
You missed my point. And is it they or we? Most Japanese cars sold in the U.S. are built in the U.S. But because of a very large annual trade imbalance tilted in Japan's favor, Trump suggested instead of shipping the rest sold here, but built there, that they build those cars here too. Would put more Americans to work. Toyota is still the world's biggest automaker. They can build plenty of cars in Japan to ship to other countries.
It's tilted in Japan's favor because the u.s. builds crap. The Japanese don't buy our cars because of the poor reliability and resale value. Start building cars like they do and that trade deficit will decrease. Now as I've said we export our cars do other countries why should the Japanese build a hundred percent of the car is sold here in the us?

vantexan

It's tilted in Japan's favor because the u.s. builds crap. The Japanese don't buy our cars because of the poor reliability and resale value. Start building cars like they do and that trade deficit will decrease. Now as I've said we export our cars do other countries why should the Japanese build a hundred percent of the car is sold here in the us?
You're hung up on cars. The 52 billion trade imbalance is for everything and by the way there are plenty of products that the U.S. builds well. And in case you haven't noticed our cars have greatly improved and our pickups are superior.

MAKAVELI

Banned
You're hung up on cars. The 52 billion trade imbalance is for everything and by the way there are plenty of products that the U.S. builds well. And in case you haven't noticed our cars have greatly improved and our pickups are superior.
Drumpf was talking about cars. Ttku

MAKAVELI

Banned
He was also talking about the trade imbalance, which isn't just cars. Building more cars in the U.S. is a way to address the imbalance.
No actually manufacturing Products that the Japanese want to buy is the way to address the trade imbalance.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Banned
No, getting them to allow many of our products in, to stop protecting their own and allow competition is the way to address the trade imbalance.
Bro there is nothing stopping our products from coming into Japan. They simply don't want to buy our junk and I don't blame her.

MAKAVELI

Banned
No, getting them to allow many of our products in, to stop protecting their own and allow competition is the way to address the trade imbalance.
California exported 11.6 billion dollars worth of Commodities to Japan last year so obviously they are buying some of our stuff.

MAKAVELI

Banned
You also realize they do try to sell American cars there they have American dealerships they just don't sell because the Japanese people don't want them.

vantexan

Bro there is nothing stopping our products from coming into Japan. They simply don't want to buy our junk and I don't blame her.
You need to look up Japan trade barriers, restrictions, and tariffs. The Japanese protect their business and insure an advantage.