President Trump

floridays

That's so cute!

His diatribes are the definition of editorial opinion.

Sowell? Same nonsense.
Easy to see you have never read their columns, or other writings. Their columns and scholarly writings are based on statistical or other empirical data. Their conclusions are obviously different from your intellectual gymnastics, based on what you feel. Please elaborate on the nonsense that they speak.

floridays

I just read an article by him on income inequality.

Problem I have with what he's says is that he acts like the rules of this economy are fair. Now how can he believe that if he knows that the rules are made by lobbyists and their paid for representatives? If he does not know that, then he's not much of an economist. If he does know it, he's just another tool.
Sam I've read him for years and fairness is nothing he ever deals with. Unless you read what he has written on fairness. If you don't want to take the time to read it, I will give you the answer. The rest of what you wrote I disregard on face, because it is not based on a true premise.

BrownArmy

Easy to see you have never read their columns, or other writings. Their columns and scholarly writings are based on statistical or other empirical data. Their conclusions are obviously different from your intellectual gymnastics, based on what you feel. Please elaborate on the nonsense that they speak.

Here we go!

You lost me at ..."their columns and scholarly writings are based on statistical or other empirical data..."

Of course they are, and every other opinion piece written by someone on the left uses facts and scholarly writing as well.

Are you twelve?

Someone throws out 'facts' and you're sold?

Guy, don't take anyone's word about anything.

floridays

Here we go!

You lost me at ..."their columns and scholarly writings are based on statistical or other empirical data..."

Of course they are, and every other opinion piece written by someone on the left uses facts and scholarly writing as well.

Are you twelve?

Someone throws out 'facts' and you're sold?

Guy, don't take anyone's word about anything.
These gentlemen draw conclusions, they do not state opinions in their writings, unless you read them in an op/ed.

bbsam

Staff member
I see your link, and will read it, probably for the second time, however he will not state anything about fairness. Take my bet now.
Exactly. He talks about the players, he talks about the game and disregards that the richest players control the refs.

floridays

Exactly. He talks about the players, he talks about the game and disregards that the richest players control the refs.
Sam, How old are you? You haven't yet learned that nothing in life is fair? Now look up a column from Williams on fairness. You might have to look awhile but you will find it. I love that old man, I guess we will just have to disagree.

bbsam

Staff member
Sam, How old are you? You haven't yet learned that nothing in life is fair? Now look up a column from Williams on fairness. You might have to look awhile but you will find it. I love that old man, I guess we will just have to disagree.
Hey, he's the one that wants to reduce economics to a poker game for his analogy.

floridays

Hey, he's the one that wants to reduce economics to a poker game for his analogy.

What ever you take from it is what you get. If there is truth that you don't agree with, rebel. Your life kemo sabe. In my estimation he speaks of the laws of economics and how they relate to the rubber hitting the road. Only my view,
Read more Sam, the light will come on

Last edited:

floridays

Sam, I believe you're a good man, albeit misguided. On the point of Williams writings, you can get a link to all at townhall.com. Go under columnists and click his name. I used to read his columns in the paper long ago. Convenient to have it on the web in one place now though. I will tell you though, you won't hear what you want to from his writings. Take care

bbsam

Staff member
Sam, I believe you're a good man, albeit misguided. On the point of Williams writings, you can get a link to all at townhall.com. Go under columnists and click his name. I used to read his columns in the paper long ago. Convenient to have it on the web in one place now though. I will tell you though, you won't hear what you want to from his writings. Take care
I think the same of you.

Your problem is you believe Williams' arguments in his pristine, neat, self-defined box. If that was reality, trickle down economics would work.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
images-5.jpeg

floridays

I think the same of you.

Your problem is you believe Williams' arguments in his pristine, neat, self-defined box. If that was reality, trickle down economics would work.
Sam, I've read Mr. Williams for years, I have no idea what kind of box the man lives in, You must know him personally, I don't. I have however read countless writings the man has offered and his scholarship and thinking are persuasive. I challenge you to read him, I know you haven't simply by the "trickle down" mention.

BrownArmy

Sam, I've read Mr. Williams for years, I have no idea what kind of box the man lives in, You must know him personally, I don't. I have however read countless writings the man has offered and his scholarship and thinking are persuasive. I challenge you to read him, I know you haven't simply by the "trickle down" mention.

Ever read James Baldwin?