President Trump

bbsam

Staff member
Yet he's still sitting behind that big old desk in the Oval Office. He's still winning.
So...

The republicans were going to get tax cuts. Got ‘em.

Then the second thing was spending cuts.
Got...oh. Wait a minute...

More deficits.

More stupid politics.

floridays

So...

The republicans were going to get tax cuts. Got ‘em.

Then the second thing was spending cuts.
Got...oh. Wait a minute...

More deficits.

More stupid politics.
Great you're on record, the eight years of Obama were a massive failure, eight years of mounting deficits, 10 trillion or so added to the federal debt. Why are you now concerned with deficits. I'll start there. I already know the answer, but please give me your convoluted thinking.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Great you're on record, the eight years of Obama were a massive failure, eight years of mounting deficits, 10 trillion or so added to the federal debt. Why are you now concerned with deficits. I'll start there. I already know the answer, but please give me your convoluted thinking.
Because I’m not.

And neither are conservatives.

You sure couldn’t tell it when Obama was president.

Non sequitur

What should be the essentials that is funded by federal government? Obviously military tops the list, but after that maybe everything else should be kicked back to the states. Transportation, housing, food assistance, healthcare, education, social security, environment at the state level and on a needs level relative to poverty threshold. Talk about shutting down the government. Maybe that would be to much power to the states. The power to tax is the real wrestling match along with the concept of fair.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What should be the essentials that is funded by federal government? Obviously military tops the list, but after that maybe everything else should be kicked back to the states. Transportation, housing, food assistance, healthcare, education, social security, environment at the state level and on a needs level relative to poverty threshold. Talk about shutting down the government. Maybe that would be to much power to the states. The power to tax is the real wrestling match along with the concept of fair.
Why give the power to the states?
Take it further.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Let's go back to the old way to collect welfare .
The person(s) wanting welfare would have to go to the place they are living's Town /City Hall and apply at the Treasurer's Office . Where their payments would be taken from the collected property taxes . And have their names placed on the public records .
That might halt the cheaters and save money .

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Yet he's still sitting behind that big old desk in the Oval Office. He's still winning.
get

bbsam

Staff member
Ok. Do it now. End Social Security payments now. Don’t wait to screw the next generation with yesterday’s bills.

You see, it’s one thing to talk about the “essentials of government” AFTER you’ve had the luxury of government help and quite another to live today with that decision.

vantexan

Ok. Do it now. End Social Security payments now. Don’t wait to screw the next generation with yesterday’s bills.

You see, it’s one thing to talk about the “essentials of government” AFTER you’ve had the luxury of government help and quite another to live today with that decision.
Other than having a tax deducted from their paycheck, just like we did, how does SS hurt them?

vantexan

You’ve had the tax taken out but spent more than the taxes. You can say you earmarked it but that doesn’t matter if you didn’t pay your bills.
Let's go through this again. I started paying SS 40 years ago when money was worth a lot more. And it's not just my deduction but the company match too. And no one invests in anything with hopes of getting out exactly what they put in. The payment we get today reflects decades of inflation. And I'm amazed you're against it. Is it because people who made more get more? Is it because people who didn't work don't get a payment and somehow that's unfair? If it comes down to just contributions and company matches paying 75% of promised payments so be it, but if people put something in they should get something out.