President Trump

floridays

Thanks.

But yeah. With the Trump stuff, I’d expect everything that’s found in Mueller’s report would meet the highest evidentiary and legal standards. Because if it doesn’t, the justice system would truly be lost, and somebody could just as easily come after Democrats tomorrow.

Party affiliation just isn’t that important to me if crimes have potentially been committed.

I think it’s in everybody’s interest that Mueller and team get this one right. Same for if Hillary did anything. Show that justice works if there’s truly justice to be had.
A special counsel's job is not to write a report, their job is to investigate a criminal or multiple criminal offenses, and deliver the evidence to sustain a prosecution. In this instance however there is no alleged crime they are investigating. If you can name the crime, please tell me now, or as soon as you can conjure one up.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
In this instance however there is no alleged crime they are investigating. If you can name the crime, please tell me now, or as soon as you can conjure one up.

Just because Mueller and team haven’t announced crimes they’re investigating in their ongoing investigation doesn’t mean they’re not investigating crimes.

floridays

Just because Mueller and team haven’t announced crimes they’re investigating in their ongoing investigation doesn’t mean they’re not investigating crimes.
Without a alleged crime there is no basis for an independent counsel. constitutionally or legally, and both should be hand in hand.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Right, and investigations were conducted. And now we’ve got Republicans appointing Republican independent counsels (Mueller) to investigate Republicans. Still political?
I think it was early in the Trump presidency and Trump was so radical that the Repugs agreed with the Dims and put this brake on Trump hoping he would comply with normal standards.
It had mixed results.
I think if this came up right now, the Repugs would not* appoint a special counsel.

*Edited at request of poster.

Last edited by a moderator:

newfie

Trump’s about to have to play the executive privilege card so he doesn’t have to plead the 5th after being subpoenaed. Because Mueller already knows everything Donald could tell him. And he’ll know when he’s lying.

Say what you will, but it’s not going well for Trump.

no collusion , cant cover up what does not exist. things aren't going well for your fantasy.