President Trump

vantexan

It is roughly 3% inflation. My point again was the difference between the reported wage growth numbers of 2.7 and 3.2. When you consider inflation it is basically a break-even scenario.

But it is also a shift in wages...Do you think that 10,000 baby boomers retiring a day has any effect on this? New jobs are not going to pay what the retiring boomer was making...so there's that.
On the other hand as more Boomers retire there are more and more opportunities for fewer workers.

newfie

No. But the wage progression should be similar.

why ? you want me to help you defend Obama?

a lot of high earning baby boomers are retiring and at least initially being replaced by younger workers who are not as far along in wage progression.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
No. But the wage progression should be similar.

Not my point and you know that. smh

The point in mentioning boomers retiring is that the wage spread will lower wages because lower wage employees will be entering the workforce and higher ones leaving. Progression will be dictated by many things but should be similar if all things are equal.

This in turn is not reflecting true wage vs inflation numbers IMO. 10k a day is over 300k a month...It's a different economy now. This including immigration and technology and still the economy is doing okay. Remember b4 Trump was elected and the whole U.S. was going to implode?

Last edited:

newfie

No. The economy was/is doing fine.

Donnie John hasn’t helped anything.

Thankfully, his time is short, and executive orders can be undone.

I can’t believe seemingly intelligent people fall for his grift.

they easily fell for Obama's and Hillaries? I would think you're now comfortable with the concept

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
No. The economy was/is doing fine.

Donnie John hasn’t helped anything.

Thankfully, his time is short, and executive orders can be undone.

I can’t believe seemingly intelligent people fall for his grift.

Hey grifter,

Again, part of my point was that when Trump was to take over, it was going to be over. Many thought the stock market would plummet and the economy would nose dive.

You know this is true, look in the mirror.

bbsam

Staff member
Not my point and you know that. smh

The point in mentioning boomers retiring is that the wage spread will lower wages because lower wage employees will be entering the workforce and higher ones leaving. Progression will be dictated by many things but should be similar if all things are equal.

This in turn is not reflecting true wage vs inflation numbers IMO. 10k a day is over 300k a month...It's a different economy now. This including immigration and technology and still the economy is doing okay. Remember b4 Trump was elected and the whole U.S. was going to implode?
That it wasn’t your point does not negate it being my point.

And no. I don’t remember the Obama economy on the verge of collapse.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey grifter,

Again, part of my point was that when Trump was to take over, it was going to be over. Many thought the stock market would plummet and the economy would nose dive.

You know this is true, look in the mirror.
Personally, I’m still not sold on the hyper stimulus the president is fond of.