President Trump

bbsam

Staff member
Here is a different viewpoint.

No, Donald Trump Isn’t a Racist

But, you may be asking, isn’t it racist when he talks about banning Muslims from entering the U.S. and saying that illegal Mexican immigrants are rapists and criminals? Nope. Why? Because:
  • Muslims aren’t a race
  • Mexico isn’t a race
Yes, many of Trumps’s statements seem racist, but it’s just a plain fact that they’re not.

Why does linguistic accuracy matter? Because there’s an actual danger for those who inaccurately impugn someone’s character: it can backfire and damage the accuser’s credibility. Also, it misdiagnoses the problem many have with Donald Trump as a political candidate. If we misdiagnose our candidates, then we’ll be voting for or against them for the wrong reasons.

Guess I'm vile now because I offered another viewpoint. smh
Ok. Let’s start there. How then shall we categorize the president? Hateful? Vile? Repugnant? Unfit for office? Criminal?

I’m open to suggestions.

P.S. You are not vile because of another viewpoint. Your viewpoint is vile because it hides behind semantics and tries to dodge the substance of the matter.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Ok. Let’s start there. How then shall we categorize the president? Hateful? Vile? Repugnant? Unfit for office? Criminal?

I’m open to suggestions.

P.S. You are not vile because of another viewpoint. Your viewpoint is vile because it hides behind semantics and tries to dodge the substance of the matter.

He is those things and more to many people.

I said this was a different viewpoint, not my viewpoint. It is from the HuffPost and a progressive's viewpoint.

Be careful, TDS may be infecting your normal, more logical approach to things. :happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member
He is those things and more to many people.

I said this was a different viewpoint, not my viewpoint. It is from the HuffPost and a progressive's viewpoint.

Be careful, TDS may be infecting your normal, more logical approach to things. :happy-very:
This is not from HuffPost but you tell me: how long does the list have to be to call a racist a racist? I walk in a room and people see “a black guy”.

Trump carries on like a racist for decades and people fear the term he’s earned. Why is that?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

But, you may be asking, isn’t it racist when he talks about banning Muslims from entering the U.S. and saying that illegal Mexican immigrants are rapists and criminals? Nope. Why? Because:
  • Muslims aren’t a race
  • Mexico isn’t a race
Yes, many of Trumps’s statements seem racist, but it’s just a plain fact that they’re not.

Why does linguistic accuracy matter? Because there’s an actual danger for those who inaccurately impugn someone’s character: it can backfire and damage the accuser’s credibility. Also, it misdiagnoses the problem many have with Donald Trump as a political candidate. If we misdiagnose our candidates, then we’ll be voting for or against them for the wrong reasons.

Careful.. you've raised a point to discuss without hate.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
This is not from HuffPost but you tell me: how long does the list have to be to call a racist a racist? I walk in a room and people see “a black guy”.

Trump carries on like a racist for decades and people fear the term he’s earned. Why is that?
Trump acts like an idiot no doubt..

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

Decades? Look again at his history with "the black guy"

Trump carries on like a person who is NOT racist. The racist " black guy " hates it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

I’m open to suggestions.

And you are bigoted and prejudiced, therefore have no standing to dictate.

El Correcto

god is dead
You are suggesting this is his cabinet?
Not at all, but I don’t know very many people with pictures with racist radicals who themself don’t hold hold a racist radical view or benefit from racist radicals....

Also reverend wright

I truly believe Obama won simply because of the color of his skin and his jive turkey talk.

bbsam

Staff member
Not at all, but I don’t know very many people with pictures with racist radicals who themself don’t hold hold a racist radical view or benefit from racist radicals....

Also reverend wright

I truly believe Obama won simply because of the color of his skin and his jive turkey talk.
Actually Wright was biblically correct. Any individual or society that puts itself above God should be damned. Don’t get caught up in the religious context though. That’s just for Sunday.

El Correcto

god is dead
Barry Mussolini O’Bummer really didn’t have anything useful to say.

I particularly liked when he went on comparing Muslims to Chicago and saying both strive for peace.

The only good comparison of muslim culture to Chicago’s inner city is disproportionate amounts of violence.

Sportello

• Muslims aren’t a race
  • Mexico isn’t a race

Trump is a racist, just not in the two instances cited in the opinion piece.

El Correcto

god is dead
Actually Wright was biblically correct. Any individual or society that puts itself above God should be damned. Don’t get caught up in the religious context though. That’s just for Sunday.
Thank JEBUS he was biblically correct which in the real world equates to still a jack ass.

newfie

I’m open to suggestions.

very successful president who refuses to play the identity politics game and refuses to engage in race gotcha games.