President Trump

It will be fine

I am not in Congress or the SCOTUS so it doesn't matter.
I think existing children born in the USA to illegal aliens prior to the implementation date of the law are grandfathered. That could be the spice that allows the Libs to vote for the bill and it could take care of the DACA kids as well.
This is what Trump has been saying for the last couple of years.
DACA kids weren’t born here. That’s the problem. They were brought here as children.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
DACA kids weren’t born here. That’s the problem. They were brought here as children.
I said 'and' which means the DACA kids could be included within the same bill.
Everyone wants both types of kids clarified and citizenship defined.
Addressing both in the same bill could get to a consensus decision and Trump will sign it.

bbsam

Staff member
His parents can get a Mexican passport, but not an American one. So who are they subject to? Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one.
Maybe you should read the WSJ article I referenced. Before you do that, figure out what the word “jurisdiction” means.

floridays

Illegally.
I find it hard to confer citizenship and the attendant rights that attach. Obama really dumped a yuge pile of :poop: when he did something he said he wasn't authorized to do Constitutionally. But he's your guy.

floridays

Maybe you should read the WSJ article I referenced. Before you do that, figure out what the word “jurisdiction” means.
He did, with the best example, a US passport. They are under the jurisdiction of the law and can be held accountable for civil wrongs, same as you would be in Italy. Are you an Italian national? I think you should understand the definition of jurisdiction.
Are you Franco Harris?

It will be fine

Illegally.
I find it hard to confer citizenship and the attendant rights that attach. Obama really dumped a yuge pile of :poop: when he did something he said he wasn't authorized to do Constitutionally. But he's your guy.
It’s the economy, stupid. The GDP grows with a growing workforce. Children raised and educated here should work here and add to society. If you can’t compete with them, that’s on you.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
No, he is stopping an unconstitutional action with an executive order, which honestly, I’m fine with. Birthright citizens is one of the biggest scams on the American tax payer the administrative welfare state has ever perpetrated.
And you know this how?

I have no problem with amending the 14th. Just think it should be done without executive order.

BrownArmy

It would be 9-0 against Trump in the SC.

The Constitution would need to be amended, and luckily there’s a process for that.

No serious Constitutional scholars buy what Trump is selling.

He can’t do it with an EO, and the SC doesn’t make law or amend the Constitution.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Formulate a legitimate argument and come back to me. First and second amendments were original parts of the Constitution. The Constitution was amended (14th amendment) for a singular purpose, to address how states would deal with freedmen, period.
I would but now I realize I don't really care. Go Pack!